New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

I had a bit of a random thought earlier, if the pylon and jammer pod was tooled a few years back along side the original Vulcan release I thought they may have used the same jammer pod from the S.2B Buccanneer boxing that was also released a few years ago now? Just done a quick search on google and the part in that kit appears to be more detailed than the one included with the Vulcan kit... 

Thank you Airfix.  Finally someone molded the ECM pod mounted to the main landing gear door the proper way for Black Buck Vulcans.   Been 41 years in the making.  

• Haha 2

ResKit 72-0419 looks like the best representation of an ALQ-101(V)-10 type ECM pod, with all the detailed markings (just leave off the USAF/serial number decals).

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RS72-0419?result-token=XKN4r

I'm still tempted to get this kit if I can make an appliance white-sprayed Peacetime Cold War variant. Does it come with any Blue Steel bits? 

Tony 

1 hour ago, tony.t said:

I'm still tempted to get this kit if I can make an appliance white-sprayed Peacetime Cold War variant. Does it come with any Blue Steel bits?

The first boxing is for a Blue Steel Vulcan with all the parts needed.

You might just still be able to get it for £44!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Where can you get the corrected pylons set from?

There isn't any 'corrected pylons set', Airfix simply published an update to the kit's instructions showing you how to modify the inaccurate pylon yourself.....

The new Airfix BB Vulcan instructions are "somewhat lacking", in addition to the correction sheet Airfix have issued to modify the incorrect pylon the following corrections are needed in the main instructions

For all the BB Vulcans you need:-

H15 double X-band emitter (step 135)

H17/H18 blade VHF aerials (Step 139 H18 replaces H19 & Step 141 H17 replaces H20)

F7/F8 RWR equipped fin cap (step 78)

F37 Counterpoise plate with 2 x Red Shrimp domes and large blade aerial (this is shown in the instructions steps 76/77)

E36 Red Steer mk2 dome (step 56 cut of Red Steer mk1 dome off rear of parts E32/E33 - cut line engraved on inside of parts)

Additional details to add/remove

12 vortex generators in V formation on nose in front of windscreen

Remove 2 x Skybolt mounting blisters when mounting each pylon (pylons might need modding so they fit flush to the wing esp AN/ALQ101 pylon which needs the forward mounting points each side of the pylon adding)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hopkp said:

There isn't any 'corrected pylons set', Airfix simply published an update to the kit's instructions showing you how to modify the inaccurate pylon yourself.....

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Reskit produce a set in the near future to go with their ECM pod mentioned a few posts ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Reskit produce a set in the near future to go with their ECM pod mentioned a few posts ago.

That's what I'm waiting for.  Cheapo release 1 Vulcan obtained from Jadlam a couple of weeks ago in anticipation or for future diversion to a B1 using a future Flightpath conversion.

• Like 1