New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

Just now, dromia said:

Mine is coming from Hannants backorder, should be with me Friday.

See how it sits alongside my Rareplanes model when finished.

could you post some pictures of your Rareplanes one? Don't see many of those

• Like 1

Yes! I got an email today from the Big H to say that my back order was available, so it's now been ordered and paid for. Should be with me in about a fortnight. They wouldn't let me order a second one, though, so even they must be on short supplies!

I see they've all gone from evilbay this morning too.... Even the one that was on there for £75 + P&P

Edited by keithjs

2 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Ps, knowing your interest in the B1/B1A, I tried (unsuccessfully) to find my photos (very much pre digital era!! 😂) of the model I built out of the old Lindberg 1/96 kit of the Vulcan prototype.

I still think the new Airfix kit is the "wrong" version! 😉😂

Ah the Lindberg kit, fun to build. I've got one but the paintwork on it isn't great and I'll redo it at some point. I'd like another to do flying and hang up, probably as VX777.

20 hours ago, keithjs said:

Thats good. All we need now is their Xtradecal sheet to make an apperance...

I'm surprised it's not been released already, it would make sense to have these things out before the initial release, when demand would be highest

14 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

I'm surprised it's not been released already, it would make sense to have these things out before the initial release, when demand would be highest

I assume given the uncertainty over the Airfix's release date and the fact that hannants use a third party supplier probably limited their choice of release dates  

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I assume given the uncertainty over the Airfix's release date and the fact that hannants use a third party supplier probably limited their choice of release dates  

Hannants decal sheets are usually printed by Cartograf and according to Roy Suntherland they are a bit behind with production as some of his stuff has been delayed.

36 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Hannants decal sheets are usually printed by Cartograf and according to Roy Suntherland they are a bit behind with production as some of his stuff has been delayed.

Have they changed supplier now as Xtradecals used to be printed by Microscale, even used identical packaging.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Have they changed supplier now as Xtradecals used to be printed by Microscale, even used identical packaging.

I don't know, all the sheets I have are in the same envelope with a clear window as Microscale use and the instructions ( which I never noticed before ) on the back are for the Microscale decal system, but they say printed by Cartograph on the sheet.

4 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I don't know, all the sheets I have are in the same envelope with a clear window as Microscale use and the instructions ( which I never noticed before ) on the back are for the Microscale decal system, but they say printed by Cartograph on the sheet.

Maybe they just have a lot of Microscale envelopes in stock, waste not, want not!

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 1

The sprues are in separate bags. I almost do not want to open any of them, just sit there and savour the fact that each one has it's own dedicated bag. Such an emotional moment, no, hang on, it was trapped wind...

What a huge leap forward though, Airfix using individual bags for the sprues - wonders will never cease.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I very much doubt Hannants get their airfix kits from anywhere but Airfix.

I do know there are supply problems with this kit with some retailers not getting their complete allocation from the initial batch.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:22 PM, RichG said:

We have received the first part of our order and have dispatched the majority of our pre-orders today, however unfortunately we have not been able to send all of our pre-orders - including yours. 

Woohoo!! email just in from Jadlam...

Good Evening,

Fantastic news regarding the Airfix Vulcan, our team have managed to secure extra units so we are now in a position to fulfil all Pre Orders. We are expecting the delivery in the next 3-4 working days. Once in stock our team will dispatch via Royal Mail Tracked 48 which arrives within 2 working days 97% of the time. All J Points have been credited to your account so please feel free to use these with us.

Have a lovely evening!

:goodjob:

Jadlam - now increasing status from "Great Trader" to "Fantastic Trader"!! Now that's how to retain business. I think I've found a use for the can of Halfords Appliance White I just bought!  :thumbsup:

Rich

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Julien said:

I very much doubt Hannants get their airfix kits from anywhere but Airfix.

I do know there are supply problems with this kit with some retailers not getting their complete allocation from the initial batch.

Was talking about the decal supplier, guessing they've had to pick a release date and stick with it, which may well be the original autumn date the Vulcan was showing at Airfix a while back 

If anyone is interested in getting a Vulcan, Halifax Modellers World has had a delivery this morning of some more Vulcans and I do not think they were all spoken for, especially as he had one on display in his new arrivals section. 

Martin, who nobly resisted the temptation to buy another one so that others can enjoy what looks to be a very impressive kit. V

My e-mail from Hannants regarding my two pre-ordered Vulcans was received on Wednesday, I paid for them and a big red van delivered them at 2pm today, by 2.10pm all evidence of the box was in the recycling bin and the the two Vulcans are safe in my man cave(shed)  Happy days. :winkgrin:

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

My e-mail from Hannants regarding my two pre-ordered Vulcans was received on Wednesday, I paid for them and a big red van delivered them at 2pm today, by 2.10pm all evidence of the box was in the recycling bin and the the two Vulcans are safe in my man cave(shed)  Happy days. :winkgrin:

I did that too. Glad it's not just me.

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:43 PM, Tbolt said:

The forthcoming Vulcan and Hercules sheets have the Microscale Decals logo in the top right corner.

• Like 1

I just received an email from Hannant's notifying me that mine is on the way! I just pray it isn't routed through Chicago. Back in May I bought a kit on ebay from a gentleman in Serbia. He shipped it immediately, but it languished in the US Postal Service's Chicago International Distribution Center for nearly SIX WEEKS before being sent on its way to me. Once it left Chicago, it only took 3 days to reach me here in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.