New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

2 minutes ago, keithjs said:

Forget Hannants, there are quite a few on evilbay this afternoon. Free postage on some too.

I've put a couple in my watch list but am awaiting a reply sorting it. If not I'll be closing my account and won't be going near them again.

Cheers,

Alistair

If their system for backorders is like some other shops its all relative to when you actually put in your pre order.

Edited by keithjs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, keithjs said:

Thats happened to me a couple of times! It wasn't till I looked the item was actually still lurking in my cart. It never used to be like that!

I think this depends on how you pay for your order.

I used to have my current CC details on file, and they'd dispatch backorders immediately and charge your CC for the item and postage. I found this frustrating as I'd often want to add stuff in my cart and claim free shipping as per @Adam Poultney

I now pay with paypal, backorders can be moved into the cart and the order completed, but you do risk missing out if you're not quick enough.

• Like 1

I've had a reply from Hannants and they've sorted it.

At least they restored it to my cart but it was playing the same game that it wouldn't let me pay until I removed it from the back order list.

Wasn't getting caught again.

Added some stuff to get free postage and the order went through.

Now I just have to wait and see if it actually arrives.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

If they don't have enough stock then the emails should go out in time order surely not first come first served.

You don't pay for Hannants backorders until it's in stock and they automatically charge your card, or you confirm the order manually, I'm guessing they didn't have your card details?

Those who have card details on file would be automatically charged and sent once the stock is in.

If there's still stock left over then an automated backorder/watching email will be sent.

From then on it's first come first served, if it's on backorder you get it at the reduced price, if you're just watching it's full price.

Airfix on the other hand charge you up front and send them out oldest order first.  

Two different approaches, neither is right or wrong.

4 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

You don't pay for Hannants backorders until it's in stock and they automatically charge your card, or you confirm the order manually, I'm guessing they didn't have your card details?

Those who have card details on file would be automatically charged and sent once the stock is in.

If there's still stock left over then an automated backorder/watching email will be sent.

From then on it's first come first served, if it's on backorder you get it at the reduced price, if you're just watching it's full price.

Airfix on the other hand charge you up front and send them out oldest order first.  

Two different approaches, neither is right or wrong.

They have my card details on file but I've never been charged immediately only when I've gone through the payment page.

What normally happens is I get the email go to my backorder page and add to cart from there then add any other stuff I want and pay for it.

After the order is complete it is automatically removed from my back order list.

It's been messed up for me since the missing items fiasco.

Still, it's sorted now. 

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

They have my card details on file but I've never been charged immediately only when I've gone through the payment page.

That's handy to know, it's obviously changed since they last had my card details on file several year ago.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

That's good news. I've always found them pretty good at sorting problems.

Thats good. All we need now is their Xtradecal sheet to make an apperance...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

What normally happens is I get the email go to my backorder page and add to cart from there then add any other stuff I want and pay for it.

After the order is complete it is automatically removed from my back order list.

It's been messed up for me since the missing items fiasco.

Still, it's sorted now. 

Cheers,

Alistair

Same here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Same here.

Just had a further email.

It seems that despite what the backorder email says the system now moves the item automatically to your cart and then you can checkout.

You no longer need to use the add to cart button in the backorder page.

Nice of them to tell us.

Cheers,

Alistair

For those like me still awaiting delivery of a big red box containing the plastic Fire God. I just received the following notification on my order (from Jadlam) I thought people might be interested in the explanation: 

We have some news about your order for the Airfix Vulcan A12011. 

As you are well aware this kit has been delayed considerably from its original release date - it doesn't end there! Unfortunately, due to various issues in the east (COVID, shortage of containers etc) the shipments of this kit have been split with one container arriving last week and the other arriving in a few weeks time. 

Airfix have received 40% of the Vulcans in the first container, thus decided to give every trade account 40% of their order, with the remainder to follow on arrival of the next container. We have received the first part of our order and have dispatched the majority of our pre-orders today, however unfortunately we have not been able to send all of our pre-orders - including yours. 

FYI we decided to ship our pre-orders on a first come first serve basis and will ship all remaining orders on receipt of the next delivery. 

I do not currently have a confirmed date for the next batch of stock, but we are told its tracking approx 3-4wks behind the first. So we hope to get your kit to you by the end of July. 

Apologies for the inconvenience, I hope you will support us and retain your pre-order with us. 

Ah well "stuff happens" as they say and whilst I was looking forward to fondling the plastic its not as if I haven't got anything else in my stash that needs building!

Jadlam had already knocked 10% off the RRP; and then gave me a further £12 off that price with their bonus points (so I am paying £41.99) and then free postage on top of that... so I can't complain. They are now suggesting a further few quid off my next purchase in extra bonus points by way of compensation. I think Jadlam have done their best here and will certainly keep my business - great trader.   

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Like 6

23 hours ago, chrisrope said:

I’m ready to print bank statements to prove I paid for mine in instalments last year, well before the original release date ;)

Very relatable. You wouldn't believe the number of new kits I "ordered and paid for" last year but whose release was "delayed because of the pandemic". ;)  Every cloud has a silver lining...

Back on topic, mine will also be 558. Seen it at RIAT at 2015, saw its final farewell fly past on departure day, something I will never forget. But I will wait for when Airfix release it in 558 decals which they will surely do after the first release.--------------------------

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Well, that's different.

Did the sprues come in separate bags or have you done that yourself.

Cheers,

Alistair

Sprues are in separate bags apart from the two wing ones. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Just had a further email.

It seems that despite what the backorder email says the system now moves the item automatically to your cart and then you can checkout.

You no longer need to use the add to cart button in the backorder page.

Nice of them to tell us.

Cheers,

Alistair

Well, I got an email that my backordered Vulcan had arrived, but I still had to use the Add to Cart button on the backorder page. No big deal. What is/was a big deal is that the postage (Air Parcel with tracking) was the same amount as the cost of the kit! But then I'm in the Lone star Republic of Dumbassistan, otherwise known as Texas. So I added a few photoetched metal sets I need to make the total a little less painful.

At the time I placed my order, there were exactly 3 in stock. Hannant's reports they received just enough to fill all backorders. And I just received a confirmation! Yay!

Edited by Space Ranger
Addl. info.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sniperUK said:

Sprues are in separate bags apart from the two wing ones. 

It just could be that because of 'interruptions' due to Covid and other factors, some (or all) of the sprues were molded at different times and\or places.

Clearly the best way to 'manage' them (and avoid losing parts etc) would to be to bag them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichG said:

For those like me still awaiting delivery of a big red box containing the plastic Fire God. I just received the following notification on my order (from Jadlam) I thought people might be interested in the explanation: 

We have some news about your order for the Airfix Vulcan A12011. 

As you are well aware this kit has been delayed considerably from its original release date - it doesn't end there! Unfortunately, due to various issues in the east (COVID, shortage of containers etc) the shipments of this kit have been split with one container arriving last week and the other arriving in a few weeks time. 

Airfix have received 40% of the Vulcans in the first container, thus decided to give every trade account 40% of their order, with the remainder to follow on arrival of the next container. We have received the first part of our order and have dispatched the majority of our pre-orders today, however unfortunately we have not been able to send all of our pre-orders - including yours. 

FYI we decided to ship our pre-orders on a first come first serve basis and will ship all remaining orders on receipt of the next delivery. 

I do not currently have a confirmed date for the next batch of stock, but we are told its tracking approx 3-4wks behind the first. So we hope to get your kit to you by the end of July. 

Apologies for the inconvenience, I hope you will support us and retain your pre-order with us. 

Ah well "stuff happens" as they say and whilst I was looking forward to fondling the plastic its not as if I haven't got anything else in my stash that needs building!

Jadlam had already knocked 10% off the RRP; and then gave me a further £12 off that price with their bonus points (so I am paying £41.99) and then free postage on top of that... so I can't complain. They are now suggesting a further few quid off my next purchase in extra bonus points by way of compensation. I think Jadlam have done their best here and will certainly keep my business - great trader.   

Rich

Snap, so I will have to wait a few weeks longer.