New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

On 6/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, viper-30 said:

Well as with many I’ve one on pre order ..and this beast sat in the wings …

spacer.png

Still need new wings for mine (I have the original version of the kit, but Alan kindly sent updated parts)

I did cancel my original pre-order for the new Airfix kit but may well get one now. I'm waiting to see if they the lack of a central windscreen wiper. Maybe that's slightly petty of me, but it is very noticeable. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Adam Poultney said:

So now that we're finally getting these, what schemes are we all planning to paint them in?

Only buying one for now but I plan on two - one will be XL426 and the other will be XM594; Both as preserved.

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WV908 said:

Only buying one for now but I plan on two - one will be XL426 and the other will be XM594; Both as preserved.

Cheers,

WV908

will your ones be as they are today? I have a good amount of reference images of XM594 I would be happy to share.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam Poultney said:

will your ones be as they are today? I have a good amount of reference images of XM594 I would be happy to share.

Hi Adam,

Yeah both will be as they are now - Thanks for the offer haha but I'm plenty acquainted with 594 as she is my local one* (might go and see her tomorrow actually....) 

I do want to build 655 but at the cost of the kits it's pointless building two in the same scheme and everyone else will be building 558 so if I want to do a wraparound it's either 426 or 575

*558 is closer to me but it's impossible to get near her

Cheers,

WV908

Delivery just being unpacked in a model shop in York. Resisted temptation for now despite wife asking if I wanted it for my birthday! I’m suspicious now, what has she bought for herself I haven’t seen?

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Adam Poultney said:

So now that we're finally getting these, what schemes are we all planning to paint them in?

Unfortunately still showing as a pre-order from my supplier, but whilst I'm waiting I've started working on a base vignette for her  à la @general melchett with his build of the new kit.

I'd really like to do an all white Blue Steel machine with pink lightning bolts... but all that white paint... :cool:  So at the moment I have it in mind to do Vulcan B2 XM599, 35 Squadron based at RAF Cottesmore from that photo of it releasing a full bomb load of twenty-one 1000lb bombs during an exercise in 1965.spacer.png

• Like 3

My pre-order from Airfix of 2 kits arrived earlier today. As for schemes one will certainly a final wrap around tactical scheme (44 Sqn) as that’s firmly in my memory from my time at Waddington in ‘81-‘82.  The other may be an earlier Pre ‘68 height of the V Force, or possibly a Falklands aircraft, 607 or 597 as I have a slim personal connection to both. Looks like I need 3, not 2!

Well, I now know it’s not a myth! Mine’s sat on the sofa next to me.

Fortunately SWMBO is working til 7.30 so I can spend a few hours drooling over before I hide it behind the Victor 😄😄😄

Graham 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, GrahamS said:

Fortunately SWMBO is working til 7.30 so I can spend a few hours drooling over before I hide it behind the Victor 😄😄😄

I’m ready to print bank statements to prove I paid for mine in instalments last year, well before the original release date ;)

I can guarantee it will arrive when I’m at work and she isn’t 😂 

• Haha 3

I have had an email from my 'local' model emporium to say he has my pre-ordered Vulcan in as well as another kit, so Friday is going to be expensive. Despite want to do more than one I think realistically I am going to stick with one. Unlike young Adam, I do not have time on my side. 

4 hours ago, GrahamS said:

Well, I now know it’s not a myth! Mine’s sat on the sofa next to me.

Graham 

Well, I think I got away with it. She’s not said anything and I’m still breathing…

Graham

• Haha 4

I pre-ordered mine sometime during the Devonian Period, so hopefully it's on its way now. Unfortunately I live in the (American) colonies so I suppose it may take a while longer. I do believe I will go for the wrap-around scheme when I get around to building it.

Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1

Here is the Corgi 1/72 scale Vulcan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne21Hq00KA0

Looks kind of clunky for $399.99 plus shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154457867945?hash=item23f66806a9:g:m9cAAOSwd4tUGNcC

areva

1 hour ago, GrahamS said:

Well, I think I got away with it. She’s not said anything and I’m still breathing…

Graham

Graham

shes waiting on you going to sleep ………….:D

• Haha 1

I just got the item on backorder email from Hannants.

Immediately added to cart but it wouldn't let me pay until I had removed it from my backorder list.

As soon as I did that the system told me it was out of stock and would need to be backordered.

Not a happy bunny. 

In fact I'm furious. I've had nothing but issues with Hannants this year. 2 items showing in stock on 2 seperate orders but not actually in stock so had to wait 12 weeks to get them.

When they finally arrived in stock I wasn't notified and spotted them with another back order and added them.

System wouldn't let me pay as there was postage due despite the fact it was free.

Customer service had to charge me the postage then refund it for the order to go through.

I've emailed them about the problem with the Vulcan but I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers,

Alistair

Edited by AliGauld
  • Sad 3

hmmm I ordered mine with no problems. Went into my cart, and it said I needed to add it to my order which I did and it was all fine. I also bought a bunch of aftermarket bits for various models that I need to get it up to free postage.

I reduced to 1 Vulcan though in case of issues and bought another off eBay at full price. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Immediately added to cart but it wouldn't let me pay until I had removed it from my backorder list.

As soon as I did that the system told me it was out of stock and would need to be backordered.

Not a happy bunny. 

In fact I'm furious. I've had nothing but issues with Hannants this year. 2 items showing in stock on 2 seperate orders but not actually in stock so had to wait 12 weeks to get them.

When they finally arrived in stock I wasn't notified and spotted them with another back order and added them.

System wouldn't let me pay as there was postage due despite the fact it was free.

Customer service had to charge me the postage then refund it for the order to go through.

I've emailed them about the problem with the Vulcan but I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thats happened to me a couple of times! It wasn't till I looked the item was actually still lurking in my cart. It never used to be like that! Have you looked in your cart?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Not a happy bunny. 

Cheers,

Alistair

I don't think this is entirely Hannant's fault, Airfix have said that they'd just received their first part shipment of the kit, there's more on the way. Hannant's have obviously not got their full order either as it looks like they've not received enough to satisfy all the backorders. My backorder went into my cart and through checkout at 13:41, so in the few minutes between that and you trying to do the same they ran out. It's still available on backorder so they're obviously expecting further deliveries.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave Swindell said:

I don't think this is entirely Hannant's fault, Airfix have said that they'd just received their first part shipment of the kit, there's more on the way. Hannant's have obviously not got their full order either as it looks like they've not received enough to satisfy all the backorders. My backorder went into my cart and through checkout at 13:41, so in the few minutes between that and you trying to do the same they ran out. It's still available on backorder so they're obviously expecting further deliveries.  

Forget Hannants, there are quite a few on evilbay this afternoon. Free postage on some too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keithjs said:

Thats happened to me a couple of times! It wasn't till I looked the item was actually still lurking in my cart. It never used to be like that! Have you looked in your cart?

Yup the cart is showing as out of stock and available to backorder.

Cheers,

1 minute ago, Dave Swindell said:

I was actually ordering it at 13:10. It just took me some time to email them then vent on here.

If they don't have enough stock then the emails should go out in time order surely not first come first served.

Cheers,

Alistair