New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

most of us Airfix lovers are getting on a bit age wise, Airfix don’t want to elevate our heart rates and blood pressures too high

So that's why my GP altered my blood pressure tablets this week, for the forthcoming Airfix announcements. 

• Like 3

I asked about the 201 pipes and was told that they had definitely tooled both 201 and 301 pipes, although the Airfix rep wasn't certain whether they would both be in the same boxing...so it looks like at least 2 boxings. My guess would be a Blue Steel/early boxing with an antiflash white and a DG/DSG over white as per the blog art, then a later 301 boxing with the 21 "iron bombs".

Pretty excited about this to be honest, even though I detailed and corrected the old one a couple of years back...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me or is there something about the association of Airfix with the Vulcan that sorta feels right - made for each other. :goodjob: 

Oh and whilst we are just spotting details,  anyone notice they seem to have done intake covers too for those that want to add a splash of colour to an all white scheme or perhaps avoid tricky masking on the camouflage aircraft. I love it when Airfix add those little details.

spacer.png

Well done guys for making my wish list smaller each year :thumbsup:.  Now whilst we are on the subject of jet bombers, about that Canberra B2/B6 in 1/72... (just joking...)

Rich  

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Hoping the iron bomb version comes out first given my inability to spray white, going to be a long wait otherwise 

Judging hopefully by what is the boxart it looks to be white undersides, camo on top with the Black Radome so I think you’re safe there!

Edited by The_Lancaster

There will also a Falklands version with shrike and ecm pod, from the designer's mouth.

Regards

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adam Poultney said:

So now that we have a vulcan what can we beg for and kick and scream until we get next?

Valiant reissue?

I think a Valiant reissue would be nice, but if they tweaked the toolings in a few of its weak spots. But given the Victor and now the Vulcan it would be very fitting I think

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

So now that we have a vulcan what can we beg for and kick and scream until we get next?

Valiant reissue?

Hopefully there'll be a V-Force Box-set! Victor, Valiant and Vulcan try sneaking that past the wife......

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Isn´t  Valiant short-run kit ? And i have a very long time ago an Nimrod... and this is a really nice kit (only decals are heavily rasterised). But i not sure isn´t a short run ? And 1/48 TSR.2....  Many kits Airfix still have in production, despite are vintage, but this three types were sold relative short time (and maybe a 1/48 Merlin helo). But re-release Nimrod was by nice (with better decals, i remember a one have a huge naked lady nose art.) 

I little understand, why was Vulcan presented this year, when release date is very far - a next year this time :( Hellcat was announced in Telford and on beggin on summer holidays was out. But is nice seen it as new kit :) and for me Must have (A Vulcan look for me as Batman - shape of its wing look as Batman´s cloak - and - it is a real Batwing !)

Now a new B-29 Superfortress please ! (Academy is nice, but little old and all famous WW II bombers was in last decade released from new tool. Only B-29 is still forgot 😕 - despite it is a first real strategic nuclear bomber not only for USA but for Britain,USSR and China too. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

And now there's only one again.....! 😛

That's OK I will start another one!(only Joking!)  

The only problem is that The new Vulcan is no longer  a rumour, its real,so  I think you should have should  really have moved this thread  into cold war , rather move mine into Rumourmonger.I  think more britmodellers would see it!

Selwyn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

Valiant reissue?

Vulcan B.1, followed by a Victor B.1, followed by a Valiant B.2, and finally a Short Sperrin.

Easy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

A lot of after market resin producers will be disappointed as they have put so much work into improving the old kit.

Lots of those old kits still floating around so the drop off in sales might be less than to think. Besides that the molds used for resin upgrades are limited life items and highest sales volumes also tend to occur when a set is first released. I’d guess that companies like Wolfpack have made their money back on their Vulcan stuff already. Now they’ll be looking to see how to adapt it to the new kit.

18 minutes ago, spfparker said:

Halfords appliance white is your friend...

Apologies for the diversion and a possibly stupid question, but I take it from this recommendation that appliance white works well on a large flat surface: would it also be suitable for the underside of a 1/72 Skyhawk? I ask this because I can imagine a paint that is designed for something on a domestic scale to spray on quite fiercely and clog up the nooks and crannies of a small model.

Edited by percival p.
missing word

5 minutes ago, percival p. said:

Apologies for the diversion and a possibly stupid question, but I take it from this recommendation that appliance white works well on a large flat surface: would it also be suitable for the underside of a 1/72 Skyhawk? I ask this because I can imagine a paint that is designed for something on a domestic scale to spray on quite fiercely and clog up the nooks and crannies of a small model.

Yep works fine on 1/72 several thin coats not one thick one. Their primer on first helps. 

recently I’ve switched to Rustoleum spray cans and have been pleasantly surprised at half the price (from Boyes)

back to the Vulcan! 

TT

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Yep works fine on 1/72 several thin coats not one thick one. Their primer on first helps. 

recently I’ve switched to Rustoleum spray cans and have been pleasantly surprised at half the price (from Boyes)

back to the Vulcan! 

TT

Thank you. I'm still learning.

• Like 1