New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

59 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Got to say that I'm very happy for all you who've got what you hoped for. Not my cup of coffee but there are a lot of happy modellers and buyers it seems.

Speaking of coffee I've been awake for half an hour and haven't got my coffee yet! :(

27 minutes ago, Greg B said:

Some of the posters on this thread may need reminding that it is considered to be poor form on here to rubbish other modelling websites. It would be disappointing to have to deal with it if it occurs again. ;)

This ^^^ 

26 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

I think AIM will be releasing an AEC Mandator Blue Steel transport as well as a bomb trolly.

Hopefully!! 

29 minutes ago, stever219 said:

If the colour artwork from the blog is going to be the box art there’ll be a lot of impulse buys of this kit.

Can’t disagree with Texantomcat’s wish for some support vehicles but I’m not holding my breath.

The box art is my new favourite! Do they sell their box art to frame without a big logo on! 😛

43 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’ll be early in the new year... You see most of us Airfix lovers are getting on a bit age wise, Airfix don’t want to elevate our heart rates and blood pressures too high, that’ll just kill off a big percentage of their clientele! 

At least half you lot remember the Vulcan in service! I was born near enough ten years after the last *Victor* was retired! 

50 minutes ago, tangerine_sedge said:

Good news, but any other new tools announced?

Not seen anything yet on the internet

Just now, GrahamS said:

Looking at that, what ever they charge for the kit, it’ll be worth it just for the illustration - beautiful!

Graham

This so much! The illustration is amazing!

It's tied with antiflash for my factorite scheme, the camo over grey with black radome. In fact I think it was an image of one like that from the book that got me fascinated with V Bombers that it was in particular that made me so interested.

2 hours ago, jenko said:

A Blue Steel ground support set would be nice to go with it.

Dick

Which would be a great excuse to re-tool the service police dog from the Bloodhound set!

38 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

I think AIM will be releasing an AEC Mandator Blue Steel transport as well as a bomb trolly.

I wonder if somebody will do a 1/72nd scale Chief's desk and chairs which were alegedly found when opening up some tanks on a major servicing that had, legend had it been left there from the previous major.

I've no idea if its true but it was one of those rumours going around early in my RAF career.

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

Looks like options for either Blue Steel or a detailed bomb bay.  So a Yellow Sun, Red Beard or 20 1000Ib bombs.

A welcome addition to be sure! 

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

9 minutes ago, IanC said:

Which would be a great excuse to re-tool the service police dog from the Bloodhound set!

While they are at it why not do the whole set just to see how may happy bunnies Airfix can count.

A german shepherd in a Blood Hound set ……. Airfix competing at Crufts next year by any chance??  :chair:

Dick 

Edited by jenko

21 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Here you can see the jetpipes, they look very much like Olympus 301 engines to me. Wouldn't have been my choice, I prefer the 201 (the howly ones). However, looking at the parts breakdowns it appears that Airfix have built the model to accommodate another set of jetpipes, perhaps a set of 201s will be included.

Now I can see it in better detail I can see that what I thought were the 201 jet pipes were really the interior detail for the 301 pipes, guess I'll hang onto my Airwaves 200 series resin pipes for the time being.

I'm really impressed with the box art too although overall anti-flash white followed by MSG/DG/DSG as featured on some of the Black Buck aircraft are my favourite schemes.

Looking forward to this, better start saving as I want more than one!

9 hours ago, WV908 said:

Erm, is that a cast nose weight?!? 

Cheers,

WV908

Doubt it but could be as I sure hope so!

9 hours ago, Rob G said:

Vulcan pix. Excuse the rotten quality, the lighting is abysmal.

Can you inquire about decals?

• Like 1

1. They will sell millions* of them.

2. The price of the old ones will plummet**.

* Well, maybe not millions, but still a metric butt-load.

** To suit masochistic tight-wads like myself.

7 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

RWR fairing? Or will that be a separate boxing?

Hopefully included. They did say this isn't finished so they might not have done that piece yet.

I have a feeling this will contain a lot of options

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

..., have Airfix announced anything else?  

I think the rest of the releases will be announced in early January unless they want to tease with the advent calendar again. Excellent box art this time, Looks verrrrry tempting.

• Like 1