New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

28 minutes ago, Jordi said:

I hope no one is too badly bothered about what markings the Airfix kit will come with.  There are dozens of aftermarket Vulcan decals out and about.  You can do literally any Vulcan that ever saw service.

So long as there's a white one and it's not 617 Squadron for a change.

• Like 1

I feel for General Melchett, easiest Airfix job ever. Paint a white Vulcan and no James May, bloody, BBC leaning on Him and some twit, leaks it. 

I don't really, GM has it good. 

1 hour ago, Jordi said:

I hope no one is too badly bothered about what markings the Airfix kit will come with.  There are dozens of aftermarket Vulcan decals out and about.  You can do literally any Vulcan that ever saw service.

I want to do them all.....lol don’t tell the wife..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I would prefer a small boiler Claughton.

Would you, like me, have preferred a new build small boilered Claughton , rather than the Patriot ?

Though I am getting quite exited about the Patriot as it nears completion, and cant wait to see it in steam

5 minutes ago, Jordi said:

I emailed them about that, and they said they are most definitely going to reprint the decal (I wish I had known about them then!) only printed by Cartograf this time.  Not sure if they plan on making any changes to it,but what is there sure looks nice.

Excellent news thanks for posting that. I'll be in line for a sheet that's for sure. 

Cheers.. Dave 

8 minutes ago, Jordi said:

I emailed them about that, and they said they are most definitely going to reprint the decal (I wish I had known about them then!) only printed by Cartograf this time.  Not sure if they plan on making any changes to it,but what is there sure looks nice.

I'd love to see a Victor sheet from them of the same quality. Both 1/72 and 1/144

I was very disappointed at the announcement of the Hellcat last year mainly because it was the centenary year of the RAF and the big Telford reveal wasn't an RAF type. This is very, very exciting...even if I won't be able to afford one for a year or three!

On 11/8/2019 at 12:02 PM, Max Headroom said:

Now then - top left of the screen grab - ‘7 waiting’........seven more announcements?

Trevor

No, that number refers to the number of people waiting to watch the video. How that's done, I've no clue!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, k5054nz said:

No, that number refers to the number of people waiting to watch the video. How that's done, I've no clue!

I imagine it'll be how ever many users have the livestream open

• Like 1

5 hours ago, k5054nz said:

I was very disappointed at the announcement of the Hellcat last year mainly because it was the centenary year of the RAF and the big Telford reveal wasn't an RAF type. This is very, very exciting...even if I won't be able to afford one for a year or three!

2 hours ago, IanHx said:

It's just over 2 years until the 40th anniversary of the Falklands....  'Operation Black Buck' dogfight double  ?   :)

It is perhaps a sad reality that anniversaries of any kind feature alongside other criteria such as

1) It's Iconic

2) No line up would be complete without it

as not being relevant when it comes to decision time! 

I am sure there are others but, I cannot recall off hand!😉😊

Allan

17 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Since I retired the most I have paid for a kit is £24.99 for the Airfix Phantom and that would be my limit. (actually that is not true - I did buy a Valliant for £30 in a local model shop at the time they were selling for over £90 on auction sites - I sold that at a profit, so counting it as an investment)  So £60 or so for a new Vulcan would not be for me. Also the Vulcan is a Aircraft where you cannot see any of the cockpit area, therefore (for me) a detailed interior would be a waste.

I do have a built Airfix built Vulcan, which I picked up only a couple of years ago for £10, and should I need another I would buy the old mould. In the same way I recently purchased a Revell Victor for under £20 from my local LMS. Looking at e-bay I seems that the going price for the Airfix Vulcan over the last few months varies from about £20 (inc p&p) with the majority just under £30. A few people seemed to have paid more than the £38.99 current list price!

Having said that, if the "leak" Is correct Airfix will have a winner on their hands as there are enough of you out there who appreciate a premium product and will purchase it. I look forward to following some build threads upon its release.

I'm with you on that. I am currently unemployed and, probably won't work again due to medical reasons.  It's a very good month if I even have £25 to spare in a kit😀

So, I will pass on this and keep the Vulcan kits I already have. Same with the Victor. Completely unaffordable but, I was able to pick up three Revell Victors over the last few months for about the same cost as one Airfix kit.

I'm sure this will do well though. While not for me unless I may be receive as a gift ( Hint! Sandra, Hint!), I am personally more looking forward to what's new / reissues in the lower end Airfix range and, Vintage Classics range!

Certainly been stocking up on them!😊

Allan

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IanHx said:

It's just over 2 years until the 40th anniversary of the Falklands....  'Operation Black Buck' dogfight double  ?   :)

Shrike Vulcan vs Westinghouse AN/TPS-43.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Shrike Vulcan vs Westinghouse AN/TPS-43.

Was thinking Victor / Vulcan double box ...   although I guess it won't be long before someone suggests HMS Coventry / A4 Skyhawk as a budget option !

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 1

IF... big IF …. if this fake news from Airfix there are going to be some very red faces on here...……. just saying...………………......

A Blue Steel ground support set would be nice to go with it.

Dick

• Like 4