New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

42 minutes ago, areva said:

who will be the first to build?

areva

More importantly, who will be the first to find fault?

Answer:

12 minutes ago, Homebee said:

They're deaf...  😥

Vulc.jpg

V.P.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Adam, I have some spare wheels if you need them, will you be at Telford this weekend?

Unfortunately not 😕 Family business getting in the way and my dad is getting a hip replacement on Monday so that's errr going to be vaguely hectic

I think the wheels will turn up at some point. I am going to move some things around and have good clean up. 

9 minutes ago, Col. said:

So is now a good time for me to propose a Vulcan STGB? :hmmm:

V Force in general? I'm in!

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, areva said:

who will be the first to build?

areva

My money's on @general melchett, sah! ... mmm one of his builds gracing the pages of Airfix Model World... as if I needed anymore encouragement to buy one, or three :thumbsup: 

Anyway how can this leak possibly be true? It must be a false lead laid by Airfix to put us off the scent - it doesn't fit any of the criteria for a new Airfix tool according to those in the know... :whistle:   Well I don't know about that, I just know my wish list got shorter again. Now, what's my stockbrokers number... I think it's time to buy some Hornby shares... :goodjob:

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Unfortunately not 😕 Family business getting in the way and my dad is getting a hip replacement on Monday so that's errr going to be vaguely hectic

Hope everything goes well with your Dads op

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sniperUK said:

He sent me a pic of them scanning the Newark one September last year, at least I can now talk about it. 

I've been saying about XL319 since 2018, they asked to scan her, I don't know if they ever did. 

Just now, bentwaters81tfw said:

Will we get 200 and 300 series jetpipes this time?

Hopefully both - oh and a bomb bay... and a 21 x 1000lb bomb load... and a Blue Steel...

Rich

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Will we get 200 and 300 series jetpipes this time?

That's the big question. I will be thoroughly disappointed if we only get 301s again. 201s are far nicer!

It's not going to happen, but I think it would be nice to get B1 intakes that the first few B2s had in a future rebox.

Well, well, well. And here just these past few days I've been looking at my Valiant and Victor. Looks like they'll soon have a new friend in the stash. Splendid news indeed!

Regards,

Jason

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Hardtarget said:

I just wonder which VERSION they will release first. They could go like the Victor, early and then later version in a couple of years. A B.1 would be lovely and still sell tonnes, but a B.2 or even a K.2 will sell more.

I think everyone at this point has heard my ramblings about Vulcan B1s... I would much prefer a B1, and to most a Vulcan is a Vulcan and they probably wouldn't know the difference. B.2 would sell more because they're the only ones left (thanks Cosford......) and of course 558 (pls not another 558 box). 
If I had it my way I would have a pure bomber released first with 4 schemes, antiflash with full shade roundels and then pale rounels, camo over grey and wrap around. 

Then a Blue Steel box with an antiflash and camo over white scheme

The K2 and Black Buck with Shrike Missiles

2 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

I think everyone at this point has heard my ramblings about Vulcan B1s... I would much prefer a B1, and to most a Vulcan is a Vulcan and they probably wouldn't know the difference. B.2 would sell more because they're the only ones left (thanks Cosford......) and of course 558 (pls not another 558 box). 
If I had it my way I would have a pure bomber released first with 4 schemes, antiflash with full shade roundels and then pale rounels, camo over grey and wrap around. 

Then a Blue Steel box with an antiflash and camo over white scheme

The K2 and Black Buck with Shrike Missiles

We will have to wait for Saturday now. Such suspense, from this little nugget of 'leaked' information.

• Like 1

Oh bugger, I’ve pencilled in the 1/32 TSR2 for next year’s entire modelling budget.

Guess I’m just going to have to ask a few extra quid for the kidney and wife.

Graham

• Haha 3