New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72 - Black Buck rebox announced

Adam Poultney

It's been leaked!! It's happening!! I have a screenshot to prove it!!

Airfix are releasing a new Vulcan

3e1ef061221cb49bc81f3595371dd9ba.jpg

I know this is real. Another member told me about it and I took this screenshot myself of the Airfix Telford livestream which is scheduled for 41 hours away. It shows the description.... Someone is in trouble at Airfix.

@Mike hope this is ok to post

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, thepureness said:

Beat me too it and I said on the airfix 2020 I felt it had to be a Vulcan

I called it back in 2018! 2020 release as they were scanning Vulcans around the middle to end of 2018

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 2

There's forward planning and then there's forward planning. Description has gone from the YouTube livestream but it was up long enough to make it clear. Hopefully Airfix will have more surprises later in the year that don't get leaked. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WV908 said:

There's forward planning and then there's forward planning. Description has gone from the YouTube livestream but it was up long enough to make it clear. Hopefully Airfix will have more surprises later in the year that don't get leaked. 

Cheers,

WV908

I personally won't be complaining about this leak 😂 I'm overjoyed! 

My bank account on the other hand..... That's not so happy with (future) me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WV908 said:

Cheers,

WV908

I’m not complaining 😂 loving we’ve got this a few days early 

• Like 2

So what schemes are we hoping for?

Probably unpopular opinion but I hope it's not just 558. Anything but just 558, we've seen her done so many times. 

I'd like a pure bomber in white, full shade roundels and one anti flash, a camouflage over grey with low Viz roundels, and a wrap around (XL426 ideally, not XM575 since I just did that one!)

Great news and in the right scale too.

However I have no idea what happened to cause the leak, but I hope that it doesn't lead to someone losing their job over this as Airfix inferred. I would have happily waited another 41 hours to hear this if it meant people keep their jobs.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SeventySecond said:

Great news and in the right scale too.

However I have no idea what happened to cause the leak, but I hope that it doesn't lead to someone losing their job over this as Airfix inferred. I would have happily waited another 41 hours to hear this if it meant people keep their jobs.

I do hope that no one is fired. Whoever did this deserves a medal not the loss of their job for a mistake

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 2

Crikey! And there was me just considering buying the old tool Vulcan. This is great news. I hope they knock enough out in the first batch. It's going to be a hot potato!

Steve

1 minute ago, Greenshirt said:

Well, there goes my bank account. 

Haha same I want two of them. If I get a third I might try making a B1a out if it.

2 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I haven't even finished one of my original first issue examples yet.

My old tool one is 95% done and I lost a wheel.... Guess I'm not going to get to 100% finished on that any time soon.

1 minute ago, fightersweep said:

Crikey! And there was me just considering buying the old tool Vulcan. This is great news. I hope they knock enough out in the first batch. It's going to be a hot potato!

Steve

Lucky near miss there! I almost bought a few at the RIAT this year, they were £15 each.

Just now, Adam Poultney said:

Lucky near miss there! I almost bought a few at the RIAT this year, they were £15 each.

For £15, I wouldn't have minded, but I'm guessing this new tool will blow the old kit out of the water. I'm pretty stoked about this, and I usually stick to prop jobs.

Steve

4 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

My old tool one is 95% done and I lost a wheel.... Guess I'm not going to get to 100% finished on that any time soon.

Adam, I have some spare wheels if you need them, will you be at Telford this weekend?

7 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Crikey! And there was me just considering buying the old tool Vulcan.

You can buy mine if you like...