OLD WARRIOR OF THE COLD WAR, CHIEFTAIN MK2 TAKOM 1/35

FrancisGL

Coming along nicely Francis, are you leaving the side skirts off one side?

Whilst I'm here, thanks to you I just bought another kit, as if I need anymore!

Another I'll need to smuggle into the house without Mrs M finding out.....:whistle:

Temptation got the better of me again and I've bought the Takom Chieftain Marksman.

Looking forward to seeing it painted. 

Cheers Darryl 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Coming along nicely Francis, are you leaving the side skirts off one side?

Whilst I'm here, thanks to you I just bought another kit, as if I need anymore!

Another I'll need to smuggle into the house without Mrs M finding out.....:whistle:

Temptation got the better of me again and I've bought the Takom Chieftain Marksman.

Looking forward to seeing it painted. 

Cheers Darryl 

Hi Darryl, 

Well yes, it occurred to me only to put one, because that way you can have "the best of two worlds" ... lol, and it is a shame to miss the undercarriage and the tracks at all.
In addition, I have noticed that it looks like a very different vehicle depending on the side you look at it ... (I prefer the "naked" ... lol).

Here I include a very interesting photo, which I found, in which a Chieftain "disguised" from T64, you can see that on the track there is a bit of "saggy" ... cool

BzoUvnm.jpg

(ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES).

I understand well what that is, sooner or later, we end up buying kits, which exceed the mounting capacity we have, and remain for years even in the "stash" ...
In my case, I already had a surplus from my other modeling stage, as they gave away kits with some Osprey books that I collected. More than enough for me (15 kits). I managed to contain myself with those long time, but now, with the Internet, it is almost impossible not to buy anything ... offers here and there ... lol:doh:
And a point that I do not forget, and it bothers me, is that to do with the models once finished, the space to expose them in some way (dignified), in case we want to collect them, is a problem that cannot be ignored.
If you allow me the question, what do you do with yours?
By the way, an interesting subject, I think there is one done (magnificent) recently in the RTI of the forum ...

Chees Darryl. 👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

UPDATE 05:

Hi Pals,

new advance in the model, already with an appropriate paint layer. I have doubted a lot with the color green, and although I am not very happy with the tone, I have admitted it as good, and I have moved on.

The camo I did freehand, tried to follow the patterns seen in the kit's paint scheme.
I think the result is quite close to the idea I had and the paint scheme included, so once I am cured enough, I will continue with the process, this time I did not have to remove the paint and start again. .LOL.:doh:

The barrel gun, was clean, because it deserves an independent and detailed work (if I am able), it is a very particular piece with its thermal sleeve.

Cheers to all.👍

QhGRjCA.jpg

NP5EZIT.jpg

0GhV0dr.jpg

OajTbOh.jpg

h9VuZ4R.jpg

kRqr5Bg.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Francis, that is quite a peculiar looking Chieftain.

Like your paintwork, think the freehand black has worked out really well, which paint have you used?

Your absolutely right, the internet and Ebay especially, are a big problem. It's just too easy to buy kits. :shrug: Sure I can't be the only one with more kits than I'll ever be able to make! (At least I really hope so!)

As for made ones, I've 3 cabinets, two full of aeroplanes and one for afvs. IKEA does a handy glass cabinet with glass shelves, think it's called the detolf?  Which is quite good for tanks etc and you can add extra shelves.

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Francis, that is quite a peculiar looking Chieftain.

Like your paintwork, think the freehand black has worked out really well, which paint have you used?

Your absolutely right, the internet and Ebay especially, are a big problem. It's just too easy to buy kits. :shrug: Sure I can't be the only one with more kits than I'll ever be able to make! (At least I really hope so!)

As for made ones, I've 3 cabinets, two full of aeroplanes and one for afvs. IKEA does a handy glass cabinet with glass shelves, think it's called the detolf?  Which is quite good for tanks etc and you can add extra shelves.

Cheers

Darryl 

Hi Darryl, 

many thanks for the info, 

I have seen it in IKEA, and it is a very beautiful showcase, I was thinking about buying it, but for AFVs, in my opinion it is left with little space. I have seen the BILLY / OXBERG, which can be combined and I know there is enough room, although it is not perfect for my idea, I think I will buy at least one (for now ... lol).

Cheers Darryl :cheers:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dads203 said:

With a bit of colour it’s started to shape up well Francis, the green looks to be a real close match for the real thing :goodjob:

Hi Dan
Many thanks for your interest and opinion, I have looked for real photos of the Chieftain, and it seems that I am not very misguided with the green.
Anyway, when I do weathering, I bet it will change tone ...

Cheers Dan 👍

22 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Soeren,

Thanks mate, why don't they allow you to do black camo?...:undecided:

Cheers Soeren👍

Cheers Francis.  We discussed that in the build report and found that Mk2. were mostly green without that black camo.  So I just went that way although I had liked the camouflage. But hey, now I can do the Mk5 as a P in sand brown. Not bad either. :)

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2019 at 12:07, Soeren said:

Cheers Francis.  We discussed that in the build report and found that Mk2. were mostly green without that black camo.  So I just went that way although I had liked the camouflage. But hey, now I can do the Mk5 as a P in sand brown. Not bad either. :)

Hi Soeren, It's good to know (I didn't know, obviously), but "the damage is done ... lol", the camo you propose is also very cool ...
Cheers mate 👍

On 13/12/2019 at 18:57, viper-30 said:

Really enjoying this build and painting ..I’ve got a couple to build and recently picked the 1/16 radios control job tha will need some work..

Hi Viper, 

Many thankd for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, Without a doubt, I hope you find it fun ...

Cheers mate :santa:

UPDATE 06:

Hi Pals,

new advance with the model, starting with the weathering, I have applied a washing of dust in certain parts of the vehicle, to later remove the excess when it dries, later I will clean the excess in certain parts that I do not want so.

Time to add the decals, and now, paint the cannon, although I am not very happy with the color of the sleeve, later I may change it ...

I painted the fire extinguishers, and some small details, like the jerrys, in addition to outlining the rubber of the undercarriage.

Until the next advance.

Cheers to all, and Merry Christmas :santa:

74CnCjR.jpg

sSRajb4.jpg

zP51frP.jpg

MW9qsgj.jpg

xy4NIG9.jpg

sW3And2.jpg

giIIDa8.jpg

6xW91wV.jpg

7uxE52A.jpg

UV5j5JJ.jpg