1/24 Fujimi 911 RSR 74 +Scalelab_24 detail set

Started this kit last week using the very latest Scalelab_24 detail set which comes with seat belt material and window masks, Body has been painted with Model air Silver only other thing to say is that a piece of p/etch mesh which goes over the air intake on the engine cover pinged of the tweezers and despite spending half hour looking for it I never did find it so used some from the spares box 

GcDRrcV.jpg?1

gemL1oQ.jpg?1

jnsSFec.jpg?1

gA8S87g.jpg?1

• Like 2

really want to have a go at a Porsche Build

Can i ask where you picked this one up?  How did you find the Model Air Silver to use in the Body?

I am still experimenting with different paints on car bodys -   Mr Color, Tamiya cans, etc...

Cheers

Andy

1 hour ago, andmarsh said:

really want to have a go at a Porsche Build

Can i ask where you picked this one up?  How did you find the Model Air Silver to use in the Body?

I am still experimenting with different paints on car bodys -   Mr Color, Tamiya cans, etc...

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy

I got the kit from www.kentmodels.co.uk its the cheapest around at 24.99 plus P&P the detail set comes from Scalelab_24 they have a Facebook page which shows what they do and I buy them from 1224 models in Malta also on FB but they do have a Evilbay shop I had to thin the Silver a bit as I hadn't done much for a while and I use an old Paasche airbrush , however I have not used spray cans for a while but I did use Plasti-kote for a while and was impressed with the outcome especially as they are cheaper than Tamiya and can picked up from places such as Wilkinsons for around £4 in fact I saw some this morning in our local village shop and they we're less than £5.

Incidentally I have done loads of Porsche builds so if you need any help just ask.

Hope this helps

Steve

1 hour ago, stevieboy2 said:

Hi Andy

I got the kit from www.kentmodels.co.uk its the cheapest around at 24.99 plus P&P the detail set comes from Scalelab_24 they have a Facebook page which shows what they do and I buy them from 1224 models in Malta also on FB but they do have a Evilbay shop I had to thin the Silver a bit as I hadn't done much for a while and I use an old Paasche airbrush , however I have not used spray cans for a while but I did use Plasti-kote for a while and was impressed with the outcome especially as they are cheaper than Tamiya and can picked up from places such as Wilkinsons for around £4 in fact I saw some this morning in our local village shop and they we're less than £5.

Incidentally I have done loads of Porsche builds so if you need any help just ask.

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve

That is a nice price indeed !!   Never come across that website before.   I Need to make my mind up whether to do another car - or try my hand at a F1 model 

Will watch your progress with interest though🙂...

• Like 1

Almost done just need to put wiper back grill and sun visor decal to top of windscreen the Scalelab_24 detail set is an excellent and far better detail set than the poor S27 offering 

VG7lBP4.jpg?1

ey7EfuD.jpg?1

VRW4TnD.jpg?1

YKVpqWs.jpg?1

• Like 4