F-5N Tiger ll Aggressors

twp1

I purchased the 2014 rebox of the '72 scale Italeri F-5N Tiger ll as I think the aircraft looks great in aggressor colours. The box schemes also give an option for a Swiss F-5 which are also use for dissimilar air combat training. Buried away I had an old Airfix F-5E kit that I'd made years ago. I cleaned this up and repainted it in the Swiss scheme.

F-5N Tiger ll US Nvy VFC-13 "Saints" NAS Fallon Nevada 2012

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

F-5N Tiger ll Swiss Air Force Fliegerstaffel 19 2008

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 21

A nice pair of F-5s, great schemes, well executed. I agree with Djordje about the canopy, & wondered are you using superglue to fix the canopy The same on your Hawk, a nice job let down a little by a fogged canopy. Dipping in Klear or an equivalent can prevent fogging by super glues though not in every case. Dipping a fogged canopy, a couple of times if need be can help to unfog it but using a PVA type glue or jewellers hypo glue is an even better bet. Do a google search with britmodeller in the search term for canopy glues should bring up some hits. Try this for starters.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, djos said:

Both looks very nice. Pity for foggy cockpit on the Swiss one......

Regards, Djordje

Lovely job on both models 👍 For canopy glue I've tried lots of different types but settled on Humbrol Clearfix...applied carefully with a small paintbrush to either the canopy edges or on the edges of the cockpit (or both). Takes an hour or two to dry but you'll have no fogging 🙂

• Thanks 1