Fujimi H-53 series kits

ElectroSoldier

I hope this is the right place for a helicopter question.

Im wanting to build an HH-53B model. The key difference seems to be the bracing that is on the sponsons on the B model.

I was wondering if anybody has one of the Fujimi H-53 kits and can tell me if that kit comes with those bracing bars for the sponsons?
Ive had a look around but Im struggling to get some decent sprue shots to have a gander myself.

None of the 1/72 H-53 kits - from Airfix, Fujimi and Italeri, some of which have appeared under other brands, such as Bilek and Revell - have included the HH-53B bracing struts. One Bilek issue is actually labelled as a HH-53B/C, but is the Italeri plastic, without any additional parts...

Edited by andyf117

The struts themselves are simple enough, whilst the tank pylons and carriers are as supplied in the kits - the main difference is the sponson to carrier mount. The original horizontal 'saddle' across the centre section of the sponson on the B was replaced on the C by an angled cantilever mount - the two bottom photos show the difference well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by andyf117
  • Like 1

Airport '75, 747 gets hit by a light plane and Charleton Heston gets dangled from the 53 to try for an air to air transfer. Saw it when I was about eleven and always wanted a kit of it.

Paul Harrison

• Like 1