FROG Hampden ++ FINISHED ++

CliffB

Hi all.  This is a DNF from the FROG Squad GB - a 'box scale' (actually 1/99), Handley Page Hampden.

P1100892.jpg

My original build thread is here, and contains lots of useful help and advice from other members of the FROG Squad :thumbsup2:.

My aim is to get this finished by the end of the year, in order to clear the decks for the exciting new 2020 GB programme!

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 9

This one looks to be going well for you Cliff. Missed the FROG GB but will go play catch-up at some point. First glance at your photo made me wonder about the strange choice of 'outline' style markings on the overall black paintwork :lol: 

5 hours ago, Col. said:

This one looks to be going well for you Cliff. Missed the FROG GB but will go play catch-up at some point. First glance at your photo made me wonder about the strange choice of 'outline' style markings on the overall black paintwork :lol: 

Thanks Col.  You do get some fancy effects when filling recessed lines.  My FROG GB Sealand was probably my most impressive!

IMG_1573.jpg

Cliff

• Like 7

11 hours ago, CliffB said:

Thanks Col.  You do get some fancy effects when filling recessed lines.  My FROG GB Sealand was probably my most impressive!

IMG_1573.jpg

Cliff

Ooh that looks lovely Cliff :wub: Another thread I need to hunt out now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @CliffB

Did you get a chance to do any more to the Hampden ?

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat and thanks for the chase.

It's next on the list.  I'm just finishing off my Sopranos' 727 and then it will be the Hampden's turn :)

Cheers and Happy New Year

• Like 1

I managed to re-start the Hampden today - tidying up and fitting the transparencies.  Unfortunately they were pretty rough and didn't fit at all well (unlike the beautifully moulded black plastic parts).  They were also quite crystalline in appearance and slightly yellowed.  A dip in Klear improved things and hopefully the painted frames will further disguise the remaining problems  ;).

P1110109.jpg

Cheers

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Lovely work Cliff

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat.  I'm getting there slowly ;)

A small landmark today, as I finally got the masking finished.  It was a pain!

P1110112.jpg

Cheers

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, Jinxman said:

That looks lovely - easy decal placement as well!

On 1/28/2020 at 10:11 PM, Ray_W said:

The finish looks exceptional.

Thanks guys!

Well, it's finally finished.  I'm not sure about the gaudy navigation lights, but otherwise I'm pretty happy ;).

The roundels were aftermarket items, but the codes and serials were from the kit's 60 year old transfer sheet - nice one FROG!

I'm also still blown away by the beautiful recessed panel lines that these early FROG kits had - years ahead of their time.

P1110114.jpg

Thanks to @Enzo Matrix for organising this year's KUTA and to all of you who have followed the build.  Special thanks to @TonyW @PeterB and @smellybeard for providing invaluable info along the way.

Cheers.

• Like 12

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...