Romfell Panzerwagen WW1, CSM 1/35

Duckwizard

I started building the new Copperstate kit, the Romfell Panzerwagen from WW1.

For a start this is the chassis (a big single part) with the lower segment of the steering column and the basic engine not glued yet and still without paint. The other picture show the engine, which is still wip.

What I can say up to now is that everything fits very well, but there is some flash, and many injector pin marks (no idea if this is English ;) ) on the inner side of parts. These are not nice in case you want to show doors an hatches in "open" positition.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Duckwizard
  • Like 8

looking nice, and sleek lines... Also interested in this kit, but thinking about making it as a rat-racer (and no, I'm not a car adept, but the lines of this vehicle invite such ideas...). Parts are nicely cleaned up, none are visible...

BTW: ejection marks. it are the ejectors from the mold that make these circular dents:

how-ejector-pins-works.gif

Edited by Silenoz
  • Like 3

On 11/6/2019 at 1:46 PM, Silenoz said:

BTW: ejection marks. it are the ejectors from the mold that make these circular dents:

how-ejector-pins-works.gif

Nice animation, also nice to know that some others oout there know that they are ejection marks rather than one person that tried to convice me that they were injection marks :headbang:

Gondor

Edited by Gondor44
  • Like 2

Now you can already see the unique "styling" of the Romfell.

I used an ivory colour for the inner surfaces. Nobody knows the real colours of the full scale vehicle as there are only few black & white pictures available.

spacer.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The latest pictures from the build (sry I am slow).

For now I glued all hatches and doors in closed position with easy to remove wood glue, even though I will show most of them opened in the end. This will make the painting easier (I hope).

The instrument panel is (a bit) scratched.

The body parts really fit extremely well. Big prais for copperstate.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Duckwizard
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2019 at 15:49, Duckwizard said:

The latest pictures from the build (sry I am slow).

For now I glued all hatches and doors in closed position with easy to remove wood glue, even though I will show most of them opened in the end. This will make the painting easier (I hope).

The instrument panel is (a bit) scratched.

The body parts really fit extremely well. Big prais for copperstate.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I see when you fitted the hatch to the Crew compartment, you removed the handles from the catches, as per the build instructions. I was wondering why this was necessary ? Then it occurred to me, that perhaps it was for security. The crew would have a removable handle to insert into the catch, open the door and then secure it behind them once inside. Maybe ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I killed a lot of rivets when sanding, so I had to replace hundreds of them. After some trials I finally found "3D-decals" from Austria in the correct size and used these:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The following steps included a preshading and the first layers of acrylic colours (Vallejo in this case) with a 0.4 airbrush:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the current state, still some detailing and weathering to be done:

romfell_14.jpg

Edited by Duckwizard
typo
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Duckwizard said:

I will soon post some more pictures in the rfi section.

.....then I will hold fast with my comments until then, suffice it to say that I like it.

John.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, echen said:

I can only see "spacer.png" rather than pics. Is there something I can do to correct this? 😢

Right click on the picture, open in new tab works as a workaround.

Model looks great by the way.

I love the looks of this car, but something in my mind wants to put oversized wheels and a hemi engine into it....

Edited by Silenoz

21 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

Right click on the picture, open in new tab works as a workaround.

Works a treat for the pics, thanks.

Now I can see what a great build this is. Terrific detail.