Hellenic Air Force Phantoms, Andravida November 2019 (updated with landing & night images 23/11/19)

Alpha Delta 210

4 minutes ago, f111guru said:

WOW!!!!!! Thank you for posting. What a great variety of F-4E's. Wonderful subject matter. As a model builder I see different equipment from other countries Phantoms. I am very intrigued with the color combinations of your F-4's with stand out differences between them. The F-4E serial 01512 is one of the phantoms I would enjoy building. It has equipment not on other phantoms. I graciously ask to use your images as a building reference for this aircraft.

Again Thank you for these and thank you in advance for your permission.

Ron VanDerwarker

Hi Ron. Thanks for the kind words. I would be honoured for my images to be used as references for your build. 

Please feel free to PM me if you want any specific images of tail number 01512, and I will check my 1600 or so pictures to see if I can help!

• Thanks 1

I have looked in a great number of websites and have not found and reference to the latest F or RF-4E Hellenic series decals. With that in mind I do have 2 F-4E Phantoms in 1/32nd scale from Revell. At least with that size I can make an attempt to create my own decals. Time will tell

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 2

Great photo's AD, thank you for sharing!

They have encouraged me to dig out my HAF phantom from the shelf of doom! 

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Absolutely brilliant photos, thanks @Alpha Delta 210, I bet I'm not the only one that has though "where can I get decals for one of these" upon seeing them, one of my Hasegawa F-4Es would look darn good finished in those colours. :)

Steve.

Steve, the Big H has the Model Alliance World Air power No.2 sheet in 1/48 which features 'F-4E Phantom 71-743 339 Mira Greek Air Force 2008' 

Also Icarus decals do a Hellenic Air Force Jets sheet which features R/F-4E's in the latest 'ghost' scheme if you can find it!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rich F said:

Steve, the Big H has the Model Alliance World Air power No.2 sheet in 1/48

Thanks Rich, unfortunately it is 1/72 I'm after & as usually happens when I discover a need, it is unaffordium or unobtainium.  In this case unobtainium. :(

Steve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Thanks Rich, unfortunately it is 1/72 I'm after & as usually happens when I discover a need, it is unaffordium or unobtainium.  In this case unobtainium. :(

Steve.

Ah yes, the rarest elements known to mankind!

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 9:29 AM, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys. I can post more (night shots) if there is an interest.

8 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Hi Steve. No night time burner shots, I'm afraid! The images are around the HAS.

I like the night shots. Around a HAS would work for me. I've a number of HAS III shots during the day and a night time would even be better. Would make for a very large diorama in 1/32nd scale. But that's okay also. Odd question on the belly of the AUP upgraded F-4E. Was the belly stiffener added as part of the upgrade or was not. I can't tell from the images I have in my directory? Thanks again for the current images you have posted. Also the A-7 is a favorite of mine.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Can't win them all night shots often have a lot of atmosphere so I'm still keen. :)

Steve.

43 minutes ago, f111guru said:

I like the night shots. Around a HAS would work for me. I've a number of HAS III shots during the day and a night time would even be better. Would make for a very large diorama in 1/32nd scale. But that's okay also. Odd question on the belly of the AUP upgraded F-4E. Was the belly stiffener added as part of the upgrade or was not. I can't tell from the images I have in my directory? Thanks again for the current images you have posted. Also the A-7 is a favorite of mine.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Thanks both. I will try to post some additional shots tomorrow night.

I'm afraid that I can't answer your belly stiffener question, Ron. All I know is that I would benefit from one!🤣

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Only the two left? Nice to see they're still flying. Hopefully they take care of them when they retire them, maybe keep them in flyable condition. Just hoping, doubt they would.

I don't know how many airframes are still flying (certainly more than two), and they are expected to be in service with the Hellenic Air Force for several more years.

• Thanks 1

Delighted to report that I got a notification this morning from Aviationmegastore to let me know they again had stock of the Modelmaker Greek Phantom decals, MDM72058, two aircraft with commemorative tails. I fancy the one with the thunderbolts on it. It was the work of mere moments to go from cart to checkout to bought. :)

Steve.

• Like 2