Cheap corn! 1/72 Airfix Buccaneer S2

Beautiful finish! I am also building one right now and encountered some fit Problems, in the intakes and the exhaust cones for example.

Did you also had Problems there?

I am waiting for the mailman to bring new ejection seats from air graphics. The seats in the kit require some work to make them look right.

I like your model!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorbertBu said:

Beautiful finish! I am also building one right now and encountered some fit Problems, in the intakes and the exhaust cones for example.

Overall the parts are much more cleanly moulded with less flash than I have become used to from Airfix.  However there are still some ejector pin marks and some have slightly raised edges.  The trick with this kit is to make sure those raised edges are removed even from the non-visible side of parts because the kit parts are designed to such fine tolerances that they may impede fit (ie even surfaces not intended to mate may still actually touch).  Example: I was finding that the upper and lower fuselage halves weren't marrying up as perfectly as I would have hoped.  A trim around the ejector pin marks on part B11 (top of engine trunking) and A15 (middle fuselage top) and problem solved.   Haven't reached the areas you mention yet but it may be the same problem.

PS Lovely build, Habu.

Edited by Seahawk
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NorbertBu said:

I am waiting for the mailman to bring new ejection seats from air graphics. The seats in the kit require some work to make them look right.

I like your model!

I had no issues with the fit. Or with any of the build, really. No flash at all. I almost never have flash in an Airfix kit.

Lovely model, the subtle weathering shows off your build and painting superbly.  There is not much than can beat a Buccaneer dressed up in Royal Navy clothes.

Cheers

Graeme

• Thanks 1