what glue to stick two halves of an upper gun turret together ?

Merlin

Hi,

turret as on anson or oxford or larger still the lancaster, two halves of glazing, just what glue should be used for a strong joint without harming the glazing ?

deluxe canopy glue or standard poly cement in a jar, or what ?

One can google join aircraft turret halves together and find nothing.

Really could do with an easy to search on listing of tasks and best method.

we buy all these modelling books but knowing which one has this in it, and where in the book, also where is the book etc,  Take hours to find it, and thats not an option when racing against the clock, the internet is the quick go to, yet sometimes the answers to such a search are so unrelated.

Merlin

R/C Modellers[sic] Canopy Glue, Formula 560 Canopy Glue, Gator Grip Glue, Micro Kristal Klear, or even good ol' white glue all work. Apply glue, attach parts, clamp/tape, clean excess with wet cotton bud, and leave it be for 24h.

Thanks, I have the 560 I see, also gator grip, but seeing a deluxe materials canopy glue applied that to both surfaces and brought them together needing a bit of adjustment, so hope that does, not sure if bond is as strong as 560 or if slight movement is good when its not dried, but it was essential to have slight adjustment properties. It has 8 hrs to set before I need to handle it given time limits now.

Merlin