Pegasus Hobbies Nautilus

I thought I would share some pics of my Nautilus.  I have learnt a great deal in building this kit including: soldering and lighting; using plaster of paris; and persisting with photo-etch.

I hope you like it.

show 001

show 003

abingdon 002

• Like 33

Saw this very kit up at the Nationals last weekend and loved it - I wanted to see another version of the same built and assembled as I am making one of the same too. I love your wooden box display idea, a nice tidy way to store your power source I guess.

I think I may have also seen it at Abingdon earlier this year which tempted me to actually root my kit out and start making it. I'm in the market for another to adapt and understand Pegasus are releasing a second run of this kit in Feb 2020.

Having seen this diorama for real, I love the lighting work you have done and the upper planking, along with Mr Squid

Tip top there

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Saw this very kit up at the Nationals last weekend and loved it - I wanted to see another version of the same built and assembled as I am making one of the same too. I love your wooden box display idea, a nice tidy way to store your power source I guess.

I think I may have also seen it at Abingdon earlier this year which tempted me to actually root my kit out and start making it. I'm in the market for another to adapt and understand Pegasus are releasing a second run of this kit in Feb 2020.

Having seen this diorama for real, I love the lighting work you have done and the upper planking, along with Mr Squid

Tip top there

Thanks for the comments.  Yes the box is a good place to put the batteries and wiring mess!!  It was at the Abingdon show also - I am an Abingdon member.  I think you tried to see me at our stand in Telford.   Delighted to see that you are making your own Nautilus - drop me a line and let me know how you are getting along.  

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, Norseman 3:16 said:

Thanks for the comments.  Yes the box is a good place to put the batteries and wiring mess!!  It was at the Abingdon show also - I am an Abingdon member.  I think you tried to see me at our stand in Telford.   Delighted to see that you are making your own Nautilus - drop me a line and let me know how you are getting along.  

Yep that was me at the Abingdon table hunting you down! I am now at the diorama stage having completed my squid last night - its such a great fun kit to build that I am so very much going to get another when Pegasus re-release the kit next Feb and steam-punk it up more. I'll stick my completed diorama up on the forum here once I have 'fathomed' through the plaster of paris rock building stage!