F-15 Aggressor

twp1

There isn't much that hasn't been said to sing the F-15's praises and I certainly can't add anymore superlatives to what is a fantastic aircraft. Having built the old Airfix F-15C kit I decided that I needed to add an E model to my collection. I settled on the 1996 Academy boxed F-15E. With all the best intentions, I was going to build a stock F-15E but lost interest in the kit as, let's be honest, Strike Eagles don't wear the most exciting of camouflage.  Having benched the kit half complete, I was inspired to complete it while trawling the internet and came across F-15's in aggressor schemes.

Although the kit is of an F-15E, parts were included to blank out the rear seat to make it a C model. The finished article is far from accurate. The canopy is that of and E model but I have finished it as a C and the decals are not correct for an aggressor sqn bird.

The aircraft represents a 65th Aggressor Squadron F-15C MSIP II carrying splinter or digital flanker camouflage. Can't say the colours are accurate. Weapons are from the spares box with the An/apx-qs TACTS pod being scratch built. The decals are oob from the kit and are from a 461st TFTS Eagle.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 12