1/72 Heinkel He 111H-6

IanC

Hello everyone

Here's the Hasegawa He 111H-6 with Airfix props, MGs and a few extra details. Markings are for KG 53 on the Russian Front. Not a good choice of subject if like me you hate masking and dealing with complex canopies.

It took far too long to finish - most of this year to be honest - so I'm glad to finally get it over the line. I had planned do it with a heavily weathered whitewash finish, but just couldn't bring myself to cover up the paint job!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All the best and happy modelling!

Ian

• Like 52

A white wash would have been a shame! You have achieved a superb camo, so why spoil it?

If you've got it, flaunt it! And you sure have it!

Congrats!!!

JR

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xirurg said:

There is something about un-weathered models that makes them look great. Nice job!

Thank you. It's weathered a bit, of course. I used pastels for the black exhaust stains although I was going to make them a lot blacker as seen in many photos. Plus a bit of dust and some scratches - don't show up too well in the photos. I don't like going too far in this scale.

A nice, clean finish for this one, Ian.  Well done... very smart ;-).

Regards,

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cduckworth said:

Very nice build; I can definitely see why you avoided adding a whitewash over the splinter camouflage.  My hat is off to you in masking the clear parts in 1/72!

Thanks. I'm afraid I cheated a bit and used a pre-cut mask set from Eduard. Otherwise I think I'd have gone mad!