1/48 - Morane-Saulnier MS.405/406/410 by Dora Wings - box art+sprues+test build+schemes+decals - release in 2024

Homebee

1 hour ago, BS_w said:

May be the wing fillet seems narrow because the lighting is above airplane?
On this 3D render below, the wing fillet seems correct.

One error, 3D modeller omitted the 2 degrees wing angle setting. The leading edge must be higher. I written to Dorawing to fix some other détails also.
spacer.png

Yes it's not easy to tell with that lighting and the fact there are no panel lines for reference on that render.

Hopefully it is just the way the light is catching it unrealistically as the like you say the early renders looks fine.

242250178_3123370407893515_9829402611534

MS405-3.jpg

163959609-2984234415140449-6736647343201

g.jpg

• Like 1

it's most important to modify the incidence of the wing, rotate 2 degrees up the wing, the landing gear strut will follow the wing and the wheel will be slightly forward. The wing fillet will be higher.

I think that the radius of the curve between the fuselage and topside of the wing is too small yet.
Increasing the radius will give a bigger wing fillet.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Morane-Saulnier MS.405/406/410 by Dora Wings - box art+3D renders - release in 2023 ?
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, jimmaas said:

Any news on this?

8 weeks ago on fb Dora wrote "early 2024", as there were still some issues to fix.

Fingers crossed, since Dora Wings owner is serving in a teritorial unit.

Wingsy had a close shave last Monday, dodged a missile that hit his appartement building IIRC.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Morane-Saulnier MS.405/406/410 by Dora Wings - box art+3D renders+sprues - release in 2023 ?
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Morane-Saulnier MS.405/406/410 by Dora Wings - box art+3D renders+sprues+test build - release in 2023 ?
  • 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Morane-Saulnier MS.405/406/410 by Dora Wings - box art+3D renders+sprues+test build - release in 2024

It's a great news! I've just got their CR.714, and a MB-152 is waiting in my stash.

Just to figure-out some proper looking paints, and will go for a trifecta.

Any ideas re - paint? I don't dig any of the "French AF combo's", I've seen.

My ideas of colour are based on that Finnish CR.714 wing as seen on the NET.

zig

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zigster said:

It's a great news! I've just got their CR.714, and a MB-152 is waiting in my stash.

Just to figure-out some proper looking paints, and will go for a trifecta.

Any ideas re - paint? I don't dig any of the "French AF combo's", I've seen.

My ideas of colour are based on that Finnish CR.714 wing as seen on the NET.

zig

I like the Hataka shades, except I'm replacing their Gris Bleu Clair with Mr.Surfacer 1000. Hataka is too blue.

• Like 1