Spitfire Mk22 [1/72 Special Hobby]

Hi all

This is my Spitfire Mk22 at 1/72 scale.

Certainely one of more beautifull version

The "high tech" special hobby kit is not very difficult. The main issue is the fuselage who is a little thiker and need adjusment when you place the wings.

I not glued my wheels very well.

Not my best builf but a love bubble canopy Spitfire version

A global view

_DSC2169.jpg

_DSC2172.jpg

GPF_2019_27.jpg

Another pics at this address:

Spitfire Mk22

• Like 31

40 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Wow what a Mk.22 ! :clap2:... What is the significance of the Number 3 ? Was it in a race ? 

Probably.  Some of the RAuxAF squadrons competed for the Cooper Trophy, e.g. 607 County of Durham.

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Thanks 1

Very good looking Spitfire! And I agree, the Mk 22 is certainly one of the most beautiful Spits – second place after the PR Mk XIX, of course. 😉

Sorry, but the prop blades are mounted the wrong way round. The Griffon engine turns the opposite way to the Merlin – counter-clockwise when seen from the cockpit. It's obvious when your blade tips have a greater angle of attack than the blade roots…

Apart from this blooper, excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

22 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very good looking Spitfire! And I agree, the Mk 22 is certainly one of the most beautiful Spits – second place after the PR Mk XIX, of course. 😉

Sorry, but the prop blades are mounted the wrong way round. The Griffon engine turns the opposite way to the Merlin – counter-clockwise when seen from the cockpit. It's obvious when your blade tips have a greater angle of attack than the blade roots…

Apart from this blooper, excellent modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Even Trevor Snowden came a cropper on that point with his Spitfire V in the Spitfire Revisited book.  I believe that was due to an error in the old tool Airfix Spitfire V kit.

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Like 1