Lockheed Neptune conversion 1/72 Hasegawa

Here a first post from one I made a while back. A Neptune P2V-7B with resin nose and aftermarket flaps. 

Just checking if my first post is displaying correctly.

Hope you like it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 54

Great job and lovely to see a Dutch Neptune with the solid nose,...... the dropped flaps are a superb touch....as are the cockpit sun blinds.

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Very nice, Rob. I have a soft spot for the Neptune, particularly the Dutch machines that used to overfly my house and school in the 1970s, flying Clacton-Ibsley. GReat machines, great model.

Martin

Great Neptune,Were all the raised panel lines erased and scribed or you just left it as they are? I am planning to built an RAAF P-2E soon and wish to rescribe the whole plane but can't really get any accurate drawings of it (all the drawings on the internet seems to be contradicting each other!)

Edited by Kampartiger

Hi, sunblinds were made of layered masking tape. Some engraving was done on the fuselage, following kit lines mainly from what I recall after sanding had erased original lines. I built this model about 2 years ago. Thanks for the nice comments so far.

Excellent job on the Nepfighter! I seem to recall that one was credited with an Indonesian C-47 during the fight over Western New Guinea. Although the Hasegawa kit is a nice old kit (I have half a dozen of them, in various stages of construction), I'd love to see a new-mould kit of the various versions (hey Airfix, how about a MR.1! (P2V-5)).

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Really nice.  Re comment on Airfix.  The Neptune is one of the subjects I have been asking them to bring out for a while.  Recent suggestions to Airfix:

Lockheed:  Neptune    T33A   U2 (re-issue).  

Grumman: EA6A electronic intruder   Mohawk  Hawkeye

North American:  F86H and  F86D (re-issue) FJ2 and  FJ3 Fury   F100 super sabre

• Like 1

Very nice.

Reading above that these aircraft saw service over New Guinea I am not surprised at the sun shades.

RAAF Canberra bombers had similar issues with the blistering sum beating down on their canopies.

Great model with excellent detailing!

:clap:

Hello Rob,

Thanks for sharing your well constructed "Nepfighter" with us.

The resin flaps and nose look good, and give some more color to this beautiful aircraft.

Looking forward to more of your "Dutch"models.

Regards, Orion - The Netherlands.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4 November 2019 at 7:18 AM, Rob K. said:

Hi, Resin parts by CMR (nose) and flaps and wing racks by Plus Model.

How was the Plus Model flap set to fit? I have on on order. 

Marti 

6 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

How was the Plus Model flap set to fit? I have on on order. 

Marti 

Hello Marti,

The set is quite detailed and the flaps can be deployed even a little further then I have done.

2 minutes ago, Rob K. said:

Hello Marti,

The set is quite detailed and the flaps can be deployed even a little further then I have done.

Actually forgot to answer your question: fit of the flaps is good, I had little problems fixing them in place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob K. said:

Actually forgot to answer your question: fit of the flaps is good, I had little problems fixing them in place.

Excellent. Thanks Rob. I am awaiting the OP-2E set from Blackbird :).

Martin