MENG 1/72 scale F-102A (Case XX)

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent work Nikolay  :thumbsup:

Thank you, Dennis! 👏

1 hour ago, Christer A said:

Wow, this is an great job!

Thanks, Christer! 🙂

1 hour ago, Christer A said:

It's very rare to see decals go on that well (well, at least for me)

Yes, the decals fitted with a tap water -  there’s no need to apply the setting solution underside of it.

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

Superb job with the decals Nikolay, soon be finished and then  time for a F-106 to keep it company?  :whistle:

Thank you, Bob! 🤝 Just bought an F-100F so it’s difficult to decide about the next kit: F-100F, F-106A or an F-106B... 😬

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Thank you, Bob! 🤝 Just bought an F-100F so it’s difficult to decide about the next kit: F-100F, F-106A or an F-106B... 😬

All the Century series aircraft are nice, decisions, decisions. :hmmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Exactly! 😜 The only one I don’t have is an F-105...

... and the F-104. Kinetic makes a nice one in 1/48.

The Century fighters series is a great modeling theme indeed.

As I’m on my Hun trip, it would be nice to see you build a F-100F in Misty FAC or Wild Weasel configuration. 😋

VERY nice Meng Deuce👌 Cracking crisp build!

Cheers,

Quang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quangster said:

... and the F-104. Kinetic makes a nice one in 1/48.

I have a Hasegawa’s F-104C in this scale, but forgot about it... 😐

The Century fighters series is a great modeling theme indeed.

These planes are very attractive!

As I’m on my Hun trip, it would be nice to see you build a F-100F in Misty FAC or Wild Weasel configuration. 😋

These looks great, especially their fuselages with a burned-out paint around an exhaust area! But I need some decals for these schemes. Actually, the NMF will be the great choice, I think... 🤩

VERY nice Meng Deuce👌 Cracking crisp build!

Thank you, Quang! 🤝

Last night I failed to make a seat belts, so I’ll temporarily put the seat into the cockpit and call the Deuce finished. 😉

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

These looks great, especially their fuselages with a burned-out paint around an exhaust area! But I need some decals for these schemes. Actually, the NMF will be the great choice, I think... 🤩

The scorched metal effect is THE big challenge for every Hun modeller. 😬 I’m on my 3rd try. Still sweating on it.

Have a great day,

Quang

• Like 1

9 hours ago, quangster said:

The scorched metal effect is THE big challenge for every Hun modeller.

I think I can do it, but I have a problem choosing the right colours for each layer... 😬

I’m on my 3rd try. Still sweating on it.

There’s no doubt that you can do it great, Quang! 👍 Your skills is great.

Have a great day,

Quang

Thank you Quang, have  a great day too! 🤝

9 hours ago, Derek B said:

Those markings really bring the model to life Nikolay - well done. 👍

Thank you Derek, there’s a lot of markings on the Deuce - I spent three lazy evenings applying it.

8 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Just caught up on this one. Excellent job so far Nikolay.

Thank you, Terry! 🙂

Actually, the seat is installed and the canopy is on the top - now the Deuce finished! 👏 I haven’t had time to picture her in the daytime, so I’ll take and post some pictures in RFI section of the Forum a bit later.

Thank you guys for your interest and support! 😉 Stay safe.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Actually, the seat is installed and the canopy is on the top - now the Deuce finished! 👏 I haven’t had time to picture her in the daytime, so I’ll take and post some pictures in RFI section of the Forum a bit later.

So I guess your modelling mojo is restored, Nikolay.

Looking forward to your next build 😝

Cheers,

Quang

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, quangster said:

So I guess your modelling mojo is restored, Nikolay.

I think so, Quang! 🙂

23 minutes ago, quangster said:

Looking forward to your next build 😝

Thank you, I’ll let you know! So many great kits are waiting in the stash - I need to think... 🤔

Hello Century Series lovers,

the seat and the canopy was glued on:

50602077826_5946c70828_k.jpg

And now the Deuce is finished:

50602193812_4ced6d241b_k.jpg

I would like to thank @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @rob Lyttle, @neil5208, @Bangseat, @reini, @Christer A, @RidgeRunner, @mdauben, @Retired Bob, @Spookytooth, @giemme, @72modeler, @quangster, @Hook, @Derek B, @billn53, @busnproplinerfan, @Johnv, @amos brierley, @The Spadgent and @Terry1954 for their interest, comments and support! 😊

So, now I’m inviting you to an RFI section of our forum to see the results of the build:

Thank you, friends! 👏

• Like 11

Nikolay,

I am speechless! Just got back to your WIP and RFI photos after a long absence, and what a magnificent Deuce! Sure looks handsome in the aluminum lacquer, not to take anything away from the ADC grey aircraft, but....wow! Don't know how much I contributed to your build, other than encouragement, but now you can add admiration to that! Now, it's on to the prettiest delta ever, the F-106? Gonna do a B? How about an A  Six Shooter with the Vulcan cannon? We had a lot of discussion on them a while back and I was able to post some good detail photos and diagrams of the installation. :like::clap:

Mike

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I am speechless! Just got back to your WIP and RFI photos after a long absence, and what a magnificent Deuce! Sure looks handsome in the aluminum lacquer, not to take anything away from the ADC grey aircraft, but....wow! Don't know how much I contributed to your build, other than encouragement, but now you can add admiration to that!

Thank you Mike, any contribution and any interest in my work is encouraged me to finish the kit sooner or later. 👍

9 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Now, it's on to the prettiest delta ever, the F-106? Gonna do a B? How about an A  Six Shooter with the Vulcan cannon? We had a lot of discussion on them a while back and I was able to post some good detail photos and diagrams of the installation. :like::clap:

Well, you and Dennis (@Corsairfoxfouruncle) are both asking me for an F-106B... I need to think, but I’m sure it’ll be very interesting. I have a Trumpeter kit in a Gentleman Scale and it requires an additional set of decals, in my opinion. Also I have another interesting box with an F-100F inside - there’s not so many parts in comparison to an F-106B and I guess it’ll be shorter build. Or I can start both at the same time! 😬

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Anytime I can help Im happy to. 

Thank you, Dennis! You’re always welcome and your help is very appreciated. 🙂

9 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Looking fantastic, Nikolay 👌

Very very tidy work. Canopy lining, candy-cane front probe, every item is classy! 

😎🤩

Thank you Rob, I’m really enjoyed painting these little bits and bobs and it was more exciting than a whole kit construction! 😜 These small things become so noticeable in the end.

9 hours ago, giemme said:

Excellent job, Nikolay! :clap: :clap: I'm off to the RFI now :) 

Thank you Giorgio, welcome to an RFI! 🎉

7 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Wow!!!! How awesome is THAT! 😍

I’m really glad that you’re like it, Johnny! 😉

Thank you for your comments, guys! 🤝

• Like 2