RAF Chinook info needed

speedy

I’m looking at getting a few bits at Telford for my 1/35 build.

Research show’s that they can be fitted with M134 miniguns, but do they carry one or two?. Also on the ramp they can carry an M60.

I see Live Resin do the door mounted M134s’, but where can I get an M60 in 1/35 - any recommendations would be appreciated.

Lastly what colour is the overall green and at what time period did that change over?.

Steve.

The miniguns can be fitted at both the front door and the escape window at the same time. When the miniguns are fitted there are tubes fitted for the spent ammo. Yes the ramp can be fitted with an M60.

I cannot remember the actual Green that Chinooks were painted in, but the change over happened when the Mk2s arrived sometime in 1993. The Mk1s when across to the USA for their mid life crisis update in the Green/Grey/Black camo colours and came back as Mk2s in overall Green.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Well, I didn't like to say anything ……..

I'm on with a 1/32 Trumpter avenger at the minute and I deffo plan to get back on the Wokka after it.  I'm turning out to Telford with @Dads203 on Saturday and shopping for bits to finish it.  Allegedly.....

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, simmerit said:

I'm on with a 1/32 Trumpter avenger at the minute and I deffo plan to get back on the Wokka after it.  I'm turning out to Telford with @Dads203 on Saturday and shopping for bits to finish it.  Allegedly.....

Which bits would you recommend?. I’m looking at a 7 Sqn cab in Iraq in 2004.

Steve.

21 hours ago, simmerit said:

Shall I just point out that many of us will be simmering if you actually dont...

Just saying

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, speedy said:

Which bits would you recommend?. I’m looking at a 7 Sqn cab in Iraq in 2004.

Steve.

Plough through the thread mate.  I was on with a pre-Kajaki incident Wokka deployed in Afghan in 2006, so it should be current for you.  

Cheers

Si

51 minutes ago, perdu said:

Shall I just point out that many of us will be simmering if you actually dont...

Just saying

I'll be buying Archer rivets.  Farsands of em

• Haha 2

Thanks everyone for chipping in, absolutely priceless information. Roll on Telford and the hunt begins😏. I’m just clearing the decks and I’ll start this in a week, but at my rate it will take me a year probably.

18 hours ago, Richard E said:

And it looks like you can get the M60 from Shapeways

I'd stick with the Live Resin stuff to be honest as they have the proper mounts for the doors.  Not that I spent much time liking at small plastic and resin gats or anything.....................

5 hours ago, simmerit said:

I'd stick with the Live Resin stuff to be honest as they have the proper mounts for the doors.  Not that I spent much time liking at small plastic and resin gats or anything.....................

I stand corrected - I was looking for an M60,  not an M240