Vickers Victoria and Valentia troop carriers

beekeeper

Good afternoon to everybody,

I have started Contrail’s Victoria and Valentia. Has anyone a good reference to get in touch with, or readily available plans ? I have  discovered that Vickers built a flying boat named Valentia. I am not looking for a plan of the flying boat !

Thank you.

Paolo

22 hours ago, vildebeest said:

There are the plans by Ian Stair originally published in Aviation News, if you do not already have them. No idea how accurate they are. A quick search shows them available https://www.tandymedia.com/product/vickers-valentia-victoria-aircraft-plan/ though I have no experience of these people.

Paul

Thank you Vildebeest, however I have written to them and am still waiting for théier answer. Their site is puzzling me since it shows the Valentia flying boat !

Paolo

Paolo

I do have a copy of the plans but they are a bit of a mess. I got them many years ago when they will still held by Aviation News, however, they had run out of original plans, so they sent a copy on three overlapping pages, which I then cut and stuck together to produce a single plan which has since fallen apart! So if you have no success with them, let me know and I can send you something, but it will be a bit of a jigsaw puzzle to produce a single plan.

Paul

• 5 weeks later...

You have to be careful with many of the drawings which were produced by Aviation News as they are often "modified" by the printers often being poorly reproduced and so are no longer scale.

I have a number of Ian Stair's original ink on film drawings but these are all drawn to 1/48th scale. I must see which ones I have.

There was no Vickers Valentia Flying boat as such.  The name Valentia was in fact given to a flying boat which was built for Vickers by Saunders on the I.o.W.  It's an aeroplane that no one seems in a hurry to own. I can't find it in my Vickers book or the Saunders Putnam. It appears only as an appendix in British Flying Boats under 'Could not be fully documented in the main Text.  It does get better coverage in Sea and Air, a history of Saunders Roe, as a Saunders boat.. I forget half of what I've got in my library.

John

• 3 years later...

You always need to look for the 'Vickers Type 264 Valentia'. The Wikipedia and BAE Systems pages are interesting.

Do you have these plans? This and the accompanying sheets are in my Flickr folder. Just follow the link. The length and width are definitely NOT to scale.

52259495432_fcb878547e_o.jpg
composite 02 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

52260483428_9f37ecf0ce_o.jpg
composite 03 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

5 hours ago, Sandeha Lynch said:

You always need to look for the 'Vickers Type 264 Valentia'. The Wikipedia and BAE Systems pages are interesting.

Do you have these plans? This and the accompanying sheets are in my Flickr folder. Just follow the link. The length and width are definitely NOT to scale.

52259495432_fcb878547e_o.jpg
composite 02 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

52260483428_9f37ecf0ce_o.jpg
composite 03 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

Thanks ! I have the Contrail kit's plans already.

Cheers !

• Like 1