3D design and print of a 1/35 movable crane for inclusion in a dockside diorama

qn30jEkPz7

Dennis thanks for the heads up on the build!  It's brilliant! - research wise and printing.  I am looking at a 3 D printer with an eye to creating a model of Pavlov's House.  This will match a boardgame / wargame about to be hitting its second printing.  The printers I'm looking at are capable of using resin, which will be fine for me as in the past I have completed several monuments, such as trilothons and the Standing Stones of Stennes.  I have only scanned the the thread, I'll be going back tonight and read through it fully!  Yes, the Vixen does have the Capt. Scarlet sense about it. ;)  I think that once the best file for the printer is found, then it's moderately plain sailing - this from what I've read.  There are some machines which need careful cleaning after each job, or those that need constant tweeking and I think that is part of the attraction for some hobbyists.  But, if the 'best' (for purpose) machine is identified, then there's a world (a Brave New World) to be designed and printed. ;) I also like the idea of leaving the machine to slowly create the print overnight as well, I'm not one of these people in too much of a hurry. ;)  Thanks again! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, michaelc said:

Dennis thanks for the heads up on the build!  It's brilliant! - research wise and printing.  I am looking at a 3 D printer with an eye to creating a model of Pavlov's House.  This will match a boardgame / wargame about to be hitting its second printing.  The printers I'm looking at are capable of using resin, which will be fine for me as in the past I have completed several monuments, such as trilothons and the Standing Stones of Stennes.  I have only scanned the the thread, I'll be going back tonight and read through it fully!  Yes, the Vixen does have the Capt. Scarlet sense about it. ;)  I think that once the best file for the printer is found, then it's moderately plain sailing - this from what I've read.  There are some machines which need careful cleaning after each job, or those that need constant tweeking and I think that is part of the attraction for some hobbyists.  But, if the 'best' (for purpose) machine is identified, then there's a world (a Brave New World) to be designed and printed. ;) I also like the idea of leaving the machine to slowly create the print overnight as well, I'm not one of these people in too much of a hurry. ;)  Thanks again! 

If you want some more examples here is my other thread on some planes 

True about the tweaking and tinkering - pretty much the same as model making in that there are a lot of people who enjoy the add-ons and the printer equivalent of etch, scratchbuilding and aftermarket add-ons. My printer is a Creality Ender 3 Pro with no modifications at all (ok, a metal extruder when I finally wore out the original plastic one) and I’m thinking about getting an Elegoo Mars to complement it once I get some workshop space with suitable extraction 

• 1 month later...