It’s a “Yugo” Take 2.

Hello everybody... So I'm going to try this again. I have the correct kit this time, i purchased the over-tree’s kit of this. 
LuDxCub.png

Which does include the correct wing for my plane. M8QeQE4.jpg

To remind everyone these are the decals I will be using. 7MWU01m.jpg

y8uh8p2.jpg

These were a gift from Craig - @modelling minion and his friend in Serbia. I will be doing white 44 as it is my favorite #. 

OUL18gR.jpg

For all that are following my “Der Adler” build. 

You are welcome to follow along. This includes @Sturmovik, @opus999, @f111guru, and @Gondor44. I will start sometime over the next few days. If anyone has questions, comments, good stories or jokes please go ahead and ask or tell them. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 12

Excellent. There's something about seeing the 109 in other markings that grabs my attention so will be watching your progress :speak_cool:

That UMe-109 looks interesting, wonder if I can butcher that spare Eduard G-6 in my stash to suit? :hmmm:

• Thanks 1

Most likely you will but it will probably be one of the four i still need for my “Pip’s” builds. Im going to the one local swap meet that occurs in Chicago every year next Saturday. I still need his E1 & E3 along with his F2 & F4. Hopefully I will find something to satisfy that need. Ive got an AMG Bf.109D coming from Telford next week as I've asked someone going there to grab one. That will get built in the next few months as a SCW or Polish Campaign bird. I have an Heller Bf.109 B/C kit that is marked for the Heller Group build next year which definitely will be SCW. The 109 is one of my more favored designs of the war, particularly the Emils. I do enjoy the Luftwaffe aircraft as the options for markings are pretty much endless.

• Like 2

Hello Gondor... You had liked my initial post for the original try at this plane. I thought i would tag you and see if you were interested. Happy to have you on board. 

I did get the initial work done today on this. I started by doing the cockpit, yes i know its not very original doing that. But here is the office. I didn't even lose the fuel line this time either. 
7f0Ntur.jpg

The other G10 will be done in a day or two, just finishing some items on that. Then its weathering and satin coat. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello everyone... If I seem absent over the next few days please accept my apologies in advance. Ive had an incident family wise, and SWMBO needs me more. Her mother had a minor stroke and we will of course be concentrating on her care. I will check in when time allows but have stopped my building for the time being. 

Dennis

• Sad 2

On 11/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everyone... If I seem absent over the next few days please accept my apologies in advance. Ive had an incident family wise, and SWMBO needs me more. Her mother had a minor stroke and we will of course be concentrating on her care. I will check in when time allows but have stopped my building for the time being. 

Dennis

Sorry to hear this, but family is top priority!  I hope your mother-in-law is on the road to recovery!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello one and all... Finally able to do a little work today, being sick stinks. So the 109 is sanded re-scribed and all the stabs, flaps, and rudder are attached. I deflected these much like the last G10. The slight difference being they're in opposite directions on the ailerons and rudder. Paint is up next.
F4Vv5vS.jpg

NyF4WLC.jpg
Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 9

Slowly but surely we creep closer. I was able to get the lt. blue on the belly today. fIBLv59.jpg
Family Crimbo party tomorrow so no work until Sunday. I will spray the base grey color and then free hand the brown camouflage in the same session. I think i can try to get this knocked out by New years. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 5