MENG M1A2 SEP 'workable' 'track issues

stalal

For the last 2 years, I had been building this kit off an on. I had been put off many times by the assembly of working tracks and how much fiddly, repetitive and boring this work is. Once I was done with putting together individual sets of the tracks, I laid them down in two parallel lines. Thinking equal track lengths is what I should be looking for, I was surprised when I had 7 tracks to fit together and run out of tiles! Rolling a completed track over the wheels, I found the track was longer by at least 9 individual tiles. 

This has been such a disappointment. The kit is ok, but comes with horrible instructions on putting together these tracks. They mention 81 links on each side. Would not it better if they had mentioned how many sets of track sets assembled on a jig need to fit on each side? That way, I would not have gone over the length. 

I was anticipating fun and excitement after I m done with tracks but now its seems the kit is destined to trash. Not just time but so much money also wasted. 

Why would you throw the kit away? If the track runs are too long, just remove the excess links.

To be honest, you don't need a full run for each side on an Abrams anyway since the top run is hidden behind the side skirts.

Andy:cat:

The instructions ask not to use glue to assemble the two tiles on the track links, You have to use glue or else they keep falling off. So now I dont have any tiles left. And if I remove the tiles, I will likely break them. I will try but it does not seem it will work.