1/350 Mikro Mir Project 613 KRI 410

G'day people,

I present my  KRI  410 "Pasopati" , a Project 613 (NATO "Whiskey III" class) submarine of the Indonesian Navy (KRI - Kepal Perang Republic Indonesia), built as part of the BM Frontline Asia GB.

The Indonesian Navy acquired twelve of these in 1952. At the time, the Indonesian government was on very good terms with the Soviets and the subs were supplied by the Soviets with generous technical and spares assistance. This relationship eventually cooled following a regime change and the generosity of the Soviets decreased as the leadership sought to normalise political relationships with the west.

The Indonesian Navy was able to maintain their fleet for some time, however, by the 1980's some of the subs were being cannibalised to maintain the remainder of the fleet. Three additional Whiskey III submarines were also acquired to act as a source of spares. The subject of this build will be KRI-410 "Pasopati" which served from 1952 until her decommissioning in 1994. She was then dismantled and relocated to Surabaya where she currently serves as a public museum.

WIP here:

019_zps28yultq5.jpg

020_zps9qbclbnd.jpg

021_zpsonzqbaw0.jpg

022_zps9eydliv5.jpg

023_zpsn6lpszkb.jpg

024_zpsnfnthgy8.jpg

025_zpsamxuad0d.jpg

026_zpsmfesfkym.jpg

027_zpsxqysq8xn.jpg

028_zpsbl1tudm6.jpg

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy
  • Like 12

On 11/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, Ernie said:

Excellent build! Great craftsmanship and the weathering is well done and looks appropriate for the vessel in her later years.

G'day Ernie,

Tjanks very much. The only pic I could find was of the Pasopati as a museum attraction, but much more faded. I used some licence to depict a working vessel in reasonable shape but still a little worn.

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

Good job.

Who's figures are you using?

Stuart

G'day Stuart,

I am not actually sure. I saw blocks of these resin figures at a model show about four years ago. I think that the block has about 100 figures in various poses in an area about 1 inch by 2 inches. I don't have the packaging anymore, which is a pity as I would like to buy some more.

1 hour ago, Flankerman said:

Great model Pappy ....:thumbsup:

I can only echo what Ernie has written regarding paint finish and presentation - just the right amount of 'distress' !

Ken

G'day Ken, cheers mate, it certainly stands out amongst the other grey and black subs in the display cabinet!

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mick Drover said:

Nice work Pappy. Man, that green looks like the remnants of a 1950's kitchen demo.

G'day Mick,

You are not wrong, you cannot miss it, but it would likely be very effective in the shallow tropical waters around Indo. Your RTAF F-16B turned out very well btw,

cheers,

Pappy

13 hours ago, Pappy said:

G'day Mick,

You are not wrong, you cannot miss it, but it would likely be very effective in the shallow tropical waters around Indo. Your RTAF F-16B turned out very well btw,

cheers,

Pappy

Good point, I wonder if they travelled further afield?

Glad you liked the F-16.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:55 PM, Pappy said:

G'day Ernie,

Tjanks very much. The only pic I could find was of the Pasopati as a museum attraction, but much more faded. I used some licence to depict a working vessel in reasonable shape but still a little worn.

G'day Stuart,

I am not actually sure. I saw blocks of these resin figures at a model show about four years ago. I think that the block has about 100 figures in various poses in an area about 1 inch by 2 inches. I don't have the packaging anymore, which is a pity as I would like to buy some more.

G'day Ken, cheers mate, it certainly stands out amongst the other grey and black subs in the display cabinet!

cheers,

Pappy

I think the figures that Ken is asking about might be the North Star models sets. I think they do them in blocks fo100 or so -> https://www.bnamodelworld.com/model-figures-north-star-models-nsa350519-1:350-imperial-russian-navy-parade-73-figures

7 hours ago, Mick Drover said:

Good point, I wonder if they travelled further afield?

Glad you liked the F-16.

I think the figures that Ken is asking about might be the North Star models sets. I think they do them in blocks fo100 or so -> https://www.bnamodelworld.com/model-figures-north-star-models-nsa350519-1:350-imperial-russian-navy-parade-73-figures

They did. There was a website on decomm Indo vessels in which the Project 613s were discussed. Apparently they were used off the coast of Perth and WA in general

I think the figs are Noth Star as they do come oin a single block. Good news as I am starting to runa  little low,

cheers,

Pappy

• Thanks 1