Master Box 1/72 Austin Mk.IV Armoured Car

Small scale build number 2.

Much better than the Fujimi Chi Ha previously posted but then it should be given it's a much more modern kit. The only issues I had were with some tiny and very delicate parts but to be fair that's what you get with this scale.

20191102_152754

20191102_152815

20191102_152844

• Like 8

'ang on! First 1/35th, then 1/48th, and now 1/72nd. Are you going to eventually disappear up your own exhaust? It looks good though Roger. I was just wondering if it would be possible to pick up one of these and use it as a pattern to scale up to 1/35th. It would make an interesting project.

John.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

'ang on! First 1/35th, then 1/48th, and now 1/72nd. Are you going to eventually disappear up your own exhaust? It looks good though Roger. I was just wondering if it would be possible to pick up one of these and use it as a pattern to scale up to 1/35th. It would make an interesting project.

John.

Cheers John. I'm also working on the the weathering of the 1/35 KV-1 I built last leave, that requires some focusing of the grey matter moving from one to the other.

One of these would be great in 1/35. 👍🏼

Roger. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I'd call it brilliant, or possibly masochistic, 1/72!!!!, madness.....:surprised:

Good luck.

Thanks very much. Hopefully I'll get some paint on tomorrow,  there's one thing for sure, I won't need much..... which appeals to my inherited thriftiness. 😁

15 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Top paint job roger , looks a dinky little kit,

Thanks very much. It's one of those kits that requires some care but I've got a nice warm feeling about the end result, (Hope that hasn't jinxed it. 😥).

Roger. 

• Haha 1

The Austin's looking lovely Roger. I've been thinking about picking one of these up for a while, and seeing your build is definitely convincing me to get one.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I'm liking the idea of one in 1/35th more and more.

You might be in luck John

Andy:cat:

• Like 1

Thanks for that Andy. I'd forgotten that you'd posted that. Not only prominently placed, but a little bit specific. One can but hope. Sod's Law says that I will build one from scratch, and Miniart will release a kit. That's happened to me on more than one occasion!.

John. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andy Moore said:

The Austin's looking lovely Roger. I've been thinking about picking one of these up for a while, and seeing your build is definitely convincing me to get one.

You might be in luck John

Andy:cat:

Thanks very much Andy and I could be very tempted by a 1/35 kit myself. 😄

Roger. 

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

Really is an odd looking vehicle (tank?) I like it

Thanks, that's exactly what attracted me to it. Someone I know asked if it was some kind of mobile coffee machine, up until that point I thought it looked like something that would go round the streets collecting stuff to be recycled. 😂

Roger. 

That Roger is just marvellous, not something I'd have considered myself but in the "correct" scale i could be tempted....

However that is really rather nice, great work! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

That Roger is just marvellous, not something I'd have considered myself but in the "correct" scale i could be tempted....

However that is really rather nice, great work! :thumbsup:

Thanks very much. If this ever came out in the "correct" scale, whatever that is 😁, I'm sure they'd fly off the shelves and there'd be hundreds on the tables at model shows around the globe. However if that was to happen I might not be as interested.

Despite the problem with references I'm becoming more attracted to off the beated track stuff. Have you noticed how generally under represented WWII Japanese armour is? 😉😁

Roger. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

Despite the problem with references I'm becoming more attracted to off the beated track stuff. Have you noticed how generally under represented WWII Japanese armour is? 😉😁

Hi Roger

That's really looking good, but so small I almost missed it, BTW, I think you should nip this obsession with Japanese armour in the bud. :whistle:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Hi Roger

That's really looking good, but so small I almost missed it, BTW, I think you should nip this obsession with Japanese armour in the bud. :whistle:

Thanks very much Bob. 

I'm currently looking at a pile of boxes containing Japanese armour and thinking how did this happen? 😂

Roger.