8 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Looking great! I love that underside. Are you planning on painting it in one piece? 

Johnny.

Cheers Johny, I'm hoping I can paint and build in the three sections I have, she'll, front underside and interior and the back underside. 

I have fitted a peg in the back section now and sorted the stand out, I used plenty of resin to glue it so it should hold and the car is going to look much better in the air. 

IMG-20191119-070201.jpg
IMG-20191119-070134.jpg

• Like 6

Another update this morning. I have glued the front anitgrave "wheels" to underside after much fretting about getting them square in line, primed the rear section and broken the compressor..... I was moving it to use later and it slipped FFS, could this fix? Probably not as I don't think I could get the thread out the compression tank. I might have a go at it later with the drill as I can not make it any worse. 

IMG-20191119-093210.jpg
IMG-20191119-093148.jpg
IMG-20191119-090809.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

That looks pretty good!

The lights add a lot.

What are you gonna do with the rear wheel wells?

Looking at it I like the idea of skirts filling the wheel opening and just smoothed to the body shape.

Or do you already have something to fill in?

• Thanks 1

Wanted to put a driver in the car but couldn't find a cheep one until I was forced to go inside a Home bargains shop.... And found this Fortnight keyring figure and after much chopping of of butt and most of the lower legs we now have a driver. I will need to glue together and fill a few gaps but I'm very happy with him. 

On 11/22/2019 at 1:00 AM, Tzulscha said:

What are you gonna do with the rear wheel wells?

Cheers, I was going to fill the archers and smooth over but I have ended up with a bit more of a mechanical look with are partialy filled rear arch using some Zaku feet....

IMG-20191125-155937.jpg
IMG-20191125-155823.jpg
IMG-20191125-155753.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/25/2019 at 11:08 PM, The Spadgent said:

Looking good, those lights add loads. 🙌 Driver looks cool too. Nightmare about the compressor. Is it fixable? 

Johnny.

Cheers Johnny, I have made some progress on the compressor and it's looking promising but I need to find a 1/4 to 1/8th male male that is longer than a standard.... Typical! 

In the meantime a can of TS 47 was purchased and now we have a Camaro in it colour. It's a bit flat looking so I want to do a bit of colour modification when the AB is up and running again. 

IMG-20191127-165024.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Those lights are awesome. I have some plans for a Battle Star Galactica builds that needs loads of bulbs. I might d to call on you for some advice. 

Cheers but I'm no expert but will help out if I can, I learnt most from building my flying ship and in that WIP, @Will Vale and @Gimme Shelter

Helped out loads. I will see if I can find it. 

And after only a few week asking revell an email they only when and sent me this, so I have another Camaro to build and I have 2 massive engines sorted for it. Very nice of Revell and the after sales help. 

IMG-20191128-150330.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Those lights are awesome. I have some plans for a Battle Star Galactica builds that needs loads of bulbs. I might d to call on you for some advice. 

Have a look at this thread page 5 ish, it might help. 

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

excellent kitbashing in action and I love the colour you've used for the body it really works well with the shape, are some of those parts you've used from a strike Gundam ? I have one in the stash and some of the bits look similar. 

Pete

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Brundledonk said:

excellent kitbashing in action and I love the colour you've used for the body it really works well with the shape, are some of those parts you've used from a strike Gundam ? I have one in the stash and some of the bits look similar. 

Pete

Cheers Pete. 

And yes most of the parts are from the Aile pack from the 1/100 Strike Gundam and its base, the AMT 1/6 B1 Battle Droid kit left over from my Mr Bones build, there is also a bit of a snow speeder, an SD Wing body, a few tank parts and the rest is reused car parts from the Camaro kit.....so far! 

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Cheers Pete. 

And yes most of the parts are from the Aile pack from the 1/100 Strike Gundam and its base, the AMT 1/6 B1 Battle Droid kit left over from my Mr Bones build, there is also a bit of a snow speeder, an SD Wing body, a few tank parts and the rest is reused car parts from the Camaro kit.....so far! 

I wondered what the bits were the are along the bottom and in the front arches and is that the battle Droid ? ( leg or arm joints ) when I saw it they were familiar but I couldn't think what they were, really excellent choice of greeblies as they really work well and make the look feel authentic