I picked this one up from a Home bargains age's ago with the intention of a Madmax build but now I want to  build it up into a flying car, at the moment rummaging through the box of bits before I decid if I going down the Ian Maquue style or something a bit more bonkers. 

IMG-20191102-111726.jpg

The bonkers bit might be to fit the Yakult bottle as a massive scram jet scoop.... 

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4

So going with the organic build.... Make it up as I go along..... 😋. But I think I have the look comming together with these parts and the main thrusters are now fitted to the car. Looks to me like a back to the future remake at the moment.

Let me know what you think? 

IMG-20191102-132239.jpg
IMG-20191102-132221.jpg
IMG-20191102-132158.jpg
IMG-20191102-125242.jpg

• Like 5

My twopennorth. Intakes where the headlights were. A roof hatch for access to the inside with a central driving position.

A bulkhead across the inside behind the drivers seat. Fair in the rear arches and a central thruster underneath where the rear axle was.

I like the look of it so far. Watching with interest. Pete

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A roof hatch for access to the inside with a central driving position.

Like this idea Pete but have gone with 2 seats. 

IMG-20191102-231739.jpg

This not sure what I'm goto do with the rear wheel area but definitely need a big air scoop somewhere on it. 

• Like 5

Just a quick update as I have fitted one intake to the bonnet and added a bit of detail to the inside of it, was also thinking of adding another jet to the underside, I thing it will tie in the look of the front and backends of the car and I can just blank of the original engine bay. 

Also dechromed a few parts using bleach, that seamed to have worked OK, see yellowish front grill. I'm hoping that bonnet can be glued down flat... 

IMG-20191103-105516.jpg
IMG-20191103-105459.jpg
IMG-20191103-093040.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/5/2019 at 2:28 AM, Thom216 said:

Well, save the bits and pieces!

Definitely will. 

23 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Oh hell. That is a shame I was enjoying that. 😔

Johnny

Cheers, so was I but I've not given up on it, just waiting for another car to come my way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockpopandchips said:

Definitely will. 

Cheers, so was I but I've not given up on it, just waiting for another car to come my way. 

Oh cool. I’ll Look forward to it. 🤩

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Thanks 1

Mojo restored I started duild the under side of the car, used one of the seat backs as a mount for the front engine, added some fixing for the new anti grav wheels and side and fixed that to the inside part of the car, lot of glue to dry before I can add any filler needed. I will then add more greeblies to the underside to fill the bigger gaps. 

IMG-20191108-124242.jpg
IMG-20191108-124203.jpg

At this point the sledge is looking good... 

IMG-20191108-140844.jpg

• Like 6