Blackburn Roc Target Tug Floatplane

28 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

How I missed the RFI of this wonderful build I do not know. Brilliant work and such a stunning scheme too. 🙌👌 bravo. 

Johnny. 

Thanks Johnny, I still think the toned down weathering looks a bit OTT though. Lesson learned though, always go with one's gut instinct. 

Martian 👽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJP said:

Lovely job Martian - what's next on the list?

CJP

Thanks CJ. I have a Mini Art Triebflugel on the go and the Heller kit of the Nina. The Triebflugel is not exactly testing my building skills, it looks like the fun will be in the painting of this one. The Nina is a horrible kit which is grinding me down at the moment, although I will defeat it. I am having a torrid time at the moment with a very sick father in Oxford which is taking most of my time at the moment, hence the lack of posts on those two subjects. I am feeling the need to chill out and step very firmly back into my comfort zone of naval aviation and have been getting the necessary etch in for the Airfix Lynx, which, should I decide to build it, will be built as a Danish Navy cab.

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Very cool and striking!  Great job on a difficult build! :clap2:

Is the small prop on the SB side connected to a reeling mechanism for the targets?

Cheers Gary, you may have gathered that I am not over pleased with the way she turned out. Those that like weathered models seem to love it but I made the mistake of finishing it in the fashion that I thought other people would like rather than for myself. Were it not for the thought of all the masking for the target tug stripes, it would be getting stripped and repainted. Who knows though, maybe I will come to like it in time; it has happened before.

The small prop drove the target winch.

Martian 😎

• Like 1

Hello Martin,

Top model. As mentioned above, never seen before.

Always good to see your excellent models on this site.

Regards, Orion-The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Hello Martin,

Top model. As mentioned above, never seen before.

Always good to see your excellent models on this site.

Regards, Orion-The Netherlands.

Thanks Orion.

Martian 👽

18 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks CJ. I have a Mini Art Triebflugel on the go and the Heller kit of the Nina. The Triebflugel is not exactly testing my building skills, it looks like the fun will be in the painting of this one. The Nina is a horrible kit which is grinding me down at the moment, although I will defeat it. I am having a torrid time at the moment with a very sick father in Oxford which is taking most of my time at the moment, hence the lack of posts on those two subjects. I am feeling the need to chill out and step very firmly back into my comfort zone of naval aviation and have been getting the necessary etch in for the Airfix Lynx, which, should I decide to build it, will be built as a Danish Navy cab.

Martian 😎

Martin I was dismayed there was no mention of your beautiful work on the Tracker so I went searching for your last post and no update since April last year - I hope it is still humming away in the background?

CJP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJP said:

Martin I was dismayed there was no mention of your beautiful work on the Tracker so I went searching for your last post and no update since April last year - I hope it is still humming away in the background?

CJP

It had to go on the back burner in order to honour commitments for Telford. There is no chance of it getting binned as I need it to sit alongside my SH-34 model. I am thinking of redoing the engine mount as it keeps breaking which is in itself mojo sapping. Once I get the fuselage buttoned up, it won't be that far from paint. From the foregoing, you will appreciate that any modelling is problematical at the moment and to maximum much needed relaxation, I am going to have to work on whatever I feel the least taxing.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

It had to go on the back burner in order to honour commitments for Telford. There is no chance of it getting binned as I need it to sit alongside my SH-34 model. I am thinking of redoing the engine mount as it keeps breaking which is in itself mojo sapping. Once I get the fuselage buttoned up, it won't be that far from paint. From the foregoing, you will appreciate that any modelling is problematical at the moment and to maximum much needed relaxation, I am going to have to work on whatever I feel the least taxing.

Martian 👽

Thanks Martian - your Tracker is one of my favourite WIPs at the moment so hence my ongoing interest - maybe engine mounts in brass as the Baron did or reinforcing yours with brass tube/rod?- I understand where you are at as my family had a traumatic medical experience in August last year and the modelling mojo has still not returned 5 months on - hopefully it will this year - all the best

CJP

• Thanks 1