Luftwaffe Tornado IDS intake colour question

Pappy

G'day people,

I have a1/72 Revell Tornado IDS I want to build but Revell only provide colour call outs for their own paint line. It is a German IDS with special cat markings of AG 51, 45 + 06 as presented at the 2009 Tigermeet.

What colour is the visible portion of the air intake? Does the exterior grey wrap around inside or is it another, lighter grey. I don't believe that it is white, at least not near the entrance portion. I have been trolling through walkarounds both here and on othert sites and the area seems  to be in shadow in most pics

cheers

Pappy

Edited by Pappy

If you are refering to 45+06 IDS Tornado of AG 51 "Immelmann" I´m shure they painted them in FS 35237. This is the same color for the common actual "single grey" scheme of Luftwaffe Tornados.

2 hours ago, JayBee said:

If you are refering to 45+06 IDS Tornado of AG 51 "Immelmann" I´m shure they painted them in FS 35237. This is the same color for the common actual "single grey" scheme of Luftwaffe Tornados.

I am indeed!

I probably should have mentioned that at the start, but that is most useful, thanks very much Jay Bee, I can do FS35237 in GS,

cheers,

Pappy

G,day people,

I am still looking for info regarding the intake colours. I think that there is some kind of black area inside the intake edges, possibly a de-ice boot. Beyond that, should the intakes be the same grey as the exterior (FS35237) or is it a light grey?

cheers,

Pappy

For the new grey scheme the air intake is in the same color as the fuselage FS 35237. On old camouflage schemes it was RAL 7012.

The black area inside the intake is anti erosion coating to prevent damage of the electrical anti ice heating system.

1 hour ago, JayBee said:

For the new grey scheme the air intake is in the same color as the fuselage FS 35237. On old camouflage schemes it was RAL 7012.

The black area inside the intake is anti erosion coating to prevent damage of the electrical anti ice heating system.

G'day JB,

Thanks very much, exactly what I needed,

cheers,

Pappy