Italeri 1:32 Mirage IIIC

Hi Ricardo,

well, if you like the Mirage III, you are my friend for life!

Great build, so congrats for doing justice to this iconic aircraft.

I have never seen the Djibouti Mirages with supersonic under-wing tanks, but I am sure it may have happened.

Brilliant work!

JR

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi Ricardo,

well, if you like the Mirage III, you are my friend for life!

Great build, so congrats for doing justice to this iconic aircraft.

I have never seen the Djibouti Mirages with supersonic under-wing tanks, but I am sure it may have happened.

Brilliant work!

JR

Hi JR, Mirage III -and indeed together with all other Mirage aircraft- is within my top ten jet aircraft list. They are great designs and endure the test of time, both mechanically and designwise.

As for the supersonic wing tanks:

d5a51d01-4eca-4ef7-8748-a78ca9468eb5.jpg

369318bd-b7f1-4859-8fa5-28f8a4ea1720.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Great job Ricardo. 
can you tell us where the fit problems were?

even with fit issues that’s a very tidy job

well done

Thanks JohnT. The problems are with the assembly engineering rather than the fit. The fit is quite ok, but the designer's selection of locations for splitting the fuselage gives some headache. Nothing one cannot overcome, but makes you spend some extra time to fill and sand and rescribe once assembled. Otherwise it is a really good kit, considering the scale and price. 

• Thanks 1

Very nice Ricardo - I like the neat build and paintwork, though the colours look a little too bold compared to the original.

I too love the Mirage III and have built the E model:

I wasn't entirely impressed with the kit but it looks great when finished. I have a C to build so I expect similar problems. Love the pictures with the supersonic tanks - that just may decide on which version to model. I wanted to do a natural metal one but I don't think my modelling skills will allow from this kit! Hope mine turns out as nicely as yours!

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi again Ricardo,

thanks for the photos of the Djibouti Mirages with supersonic tanks! Not sure why I ever missed them, considering the ridiculous number of Mirage III photos I have!

Once again, congrats for your build!

JR