Search options do not work

There seems to be a problem with the search syntax.

If I search for mustang AND 1/18 as suggested by search form, it finds a lot of postings containing only mustang. and or AND are ignored.

At least the help and suggestions should be fixed, to match the search engine behavior.

Thanks,

Frank

• 4 months later...

Bumped as I and having exactly the same issue. I am looking for references to the Roden B-Type Bus. If I end "Roden Bus" and click of "all search terms" option I get every reference to Roden.

As with @Bughunter if I include a binary operator I get even move results as everything with and in it,

The only way around this is to use the advanced search in Bing or Google to search the domain britmodeller.com - this seems to work as the link I required came up.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

The only way around this is to use the advanced search in Bing or Google to search the domain britmodeller.com - this seems to work as the link I required came up.

I've been advising this for years, just add Britmodeller into your search term and ignore the site search.  Not ideal, but it works, and I can usually find what I'm looking for.  

• Like 2

I will go with troy, Britmodeller search is utter rubbish, been using Google for years with Britmodeller added...….you try a search on Britmodeller for 1/72 Bristol beaufighter, you get everything 1/72, everything Bristol and everything Beaufighter and leads to a very frustrating search through your search results...………….go with what Troy and I suggest and possibly many more that will be along in a moment

With most search functions you have to think of something unique to search for. Putting just Spitfire in the search will bring up farsands of results, whereas searching for a serial number (for example) will restrict the search. Also, limiting the search to an individual forum usually works better. You have to be more clever than the stupid computer.

• Like 1