PJ Productions new tool F-84F -- Done!

Well, as promised on on the F-84F Build Thread  HERE

I am posting up the pictures of the finished model, with a  little embellishment to the kit:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in!

Ed

• Like 35

Wow, AMAZING.

How did you deal with the Microscale decals?

I am stucked with my F-84F project (built from Italeri kit) due to the fact that decals were falling apart from the water...

This is very nicely done.

Laz

Thanks guys,

I'm glad to have her in the collection;  pretty much the only correct-looking one in 1/72 scale...

Tripio, I automatically cover any decal sheet older than about  5 years with Microscale Decal Film  it dries clear and holds the decal together.  Downside is that the you have to trim the decals yourself, as the sheet becomes one big decal.  Sometimes, on a really old or just bad decal set, I even put two coats of the film on, Just takes around 15 minutes for each to dry, and it's cheap insurance for a possibly expensive decal sheet.  Ask me how I found that out....

Sometimes, you can tell by using just one of the unneeded decals on a sheet, but I found it's better just to play safe!

Ed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb build MrEd, one of the best 1/72 Thunderstreak builds I've seen in many years. Also appreciate your advice on coating those Microscale decals as I've got a couple of those sheets ready from when I've finished correcting my old Airfix kits. 

In the meantime I've placed an order for one of those PJ kits to collect at Telford, & that was after being inspired by your build. 

Undecided as to which USAFE squadron to go for.

Martin

Thanks folks!

Stuart, there really wasn't much ground clearance:

spacer.png

That being said, if I were doing another of these with nuke, I's shave perhaps another 1.5 mm from the vwrtical height of the pylon...

Ed