Can't Post in Certain Forums

For some inexplicable reason, I cannot post in ANY forum or sub-forum under "Reviews, News & Walkarounds." All those options are grayed out on my computer. Why is this? I was just taken to task by "Walkaround Coordinator" for posting in "a random section." I wanted to post in 'Current News" but couldn't.

Edited by Space Ranger
Correct typos.

25 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

For some inexplicable reason, I cannot post in ANY forum or sub-forum under "Reviews, News & Walkarounds." All those options are grayed out on my computer. Why is this? I was just taken to task by "Walkaround Coordinator" for posting in "a random section." I wanted to post in 'Current News" but couldn't.

G'day old chum,

The reviews department has always been the preserve of the Gaffership thus avoiding less than measured observation of any given item.The walkaround department,for much the same reason,holds the idea of not descending into chaos.The Manufacturer News department is the sole preserve of those makers of goodies who have checked in with the Gaffership first.

I did read your post in the Chat department and I do agree that there was the place to place it in the absence of your open privilege to post where you thought appropriate.

Please don't knock Julien,I've dealt with him in the past and he's a spot on wallah.

I'm not knocking anyone. I love Britmodeller. But I was a bit miffed at his response, when I tried in good faith to post some "Current News" in the appropriate forum but was defeated and resorted to what I thought was a right proper alternative. And I completely understand the inability to post in Manufacturer News, seeing as I'm not one.

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Like 1

Anyone should be able to post in Current news, the reviews and walkaround sections are limited.

As to being a bit miffed, well you posted a topic about a paint manufacturer in Modern Aircraft, not exactly appropriate was it? you could have contacted the MOD team to ask where to put it, or just put it i chat, or even at a push the paint section?

Julien

Because I could NOT post in Current News, I posted in Modern Aircraft, as that seems to get the most traffic, and I thought the news important enough to be seen by as many as possible. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! 😛

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Julien said:

Anyone should be able to post in Current news,

That may be the idea, but as @Space Ranger has pointed out, this is currently not the case.

I've just looked in there and there's no option for me to start a new topic either, so it woud appear that at some point since the last topic started (April 26) this option has been lost, possibly during the last update?

• Like 2