1/32 F4K/M Phantom Exhaust Nozzles

12jaguar

Hi

A colleague of mine is taking on the daunting task of modifying a Revell 1/32 scale F4F to an FGR2 Phantom; he's pretty much got everything he needs but some assistance with sourcing Spey exhaust nozzles would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can point us in the direction of a pair of nozzles in any media format (or even a 3D CAD file) that would be great

Thanks in advance

John (and Scott)

16 minutes ago, 12jaguar said:

Hi

A colleague of mine is taking on the daunting task of modifying a Revell 1/32 scale F4F to an FGR2 Phantom; he's pretty much got everything he needs but some assistance with sourcing Spey exhaust nozzles would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can point us in the direction of a pair of nozzles in any media format (or even a 3D CAD file) that would be great

Thanks in advance

John (and Scott)

Blimey, if he's starting with the Revell F-4F I would have thought the exhausts were the least of his worries! 🤣

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Have a word with Alan at Icelandic Fine Arts, he is working on an F-4K/M, and may be able to sort you with nozzles, although he has a lot on his plate at the moment.

thanks, will point my colleague in their direction 👍

cheers

John

22 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Have a word with Alan at Icelandic Fine Arts, he is working on an F-4K/M, and may be able to sort you with nozzles, although he has a lot on his plate at the moment.

Can you PM me his contact details please

ta

john

On 30 October 2019 at 3:48 PM, Coors54 said:

Blimey, if he's starting with the Revell F-4F I would have thought the exhausts were the least of his worries! 🤣

I've been told with a modicum of reliability that there exist those on BM who consider a short-nose conversion from a rotary cannon Phantom version perfectly doable with a Flightpath nose, filler, elbow grease and yoghurt pot plastic scrap 😂 🤣

To quote a certain Colonel, "oh, the horror, the sheer horror". But I would have loved it if nine years old.

Me thinks better to wait for the Hong Kong Models plastic or Alan Wilson resin examples.

I'm figuring £275-3oo for the HKM edition. C'est la vie.

Tony 

• Like 1

I wonder if there is actually any progress with the HK kit. I'm one of those who wanted to purchase one, well two, right away when first rumors started to appear maybe five years ago. Maybe I should spend my money on the Tamiya kit and start to cut some plastic. No doubt the HK models' kit will be in hobby shops before Christmas😉

It will be a "great" project to build an FGR.2 of the Revell's kit (I planned a conversion for a while). You can't even build a good F-4F of that kit without some serious modelling. Even the Tamiya F-4J will need a lot of work to build an accurate F-4J, not to mention a Spey engined British Phantom.

Antti

Maybe Antti, but you could start with a pair of Tamiya F-4Js built as VF-31 Felix the Cat Saratoga and VF-102 Diamondbacks Independence examples in prep for some F-4K Omegas from the Ark.

Passes the time. And Alan Wilson's S.2 Buccaneer. Sort of, everything waiting for the Hong Kong Models Spey Phantom — though you may need to hurry as the F-4K/FG.1 is allegedly a goer for around mid-2020.

Tony 

• Like 1

I converted Tamiya's J to an FGR2.

I scratch built the exhausts using a ping pong ball and a light fitting!

100-2704.jpg

100-2710.jpg

100-2713.jpg

I like to think I achieved a reasonable result.

F4-1.jpg

100-2936.jpg

F4-11.jpg

100-2932.jpg

Enjoy your build! :)

• Like 7