F-107A aka YF-107A Ultra Sabre 1:72

Hello Britmodellers,

this is my most timeconsuming model started 1980, stopped because the Airmodel vacu was much too wrong. I began to build it in segments, but the girls needed more time.

Then i stopped modelling for many years.

After i started again in 1991 i completed the fuselage finally in 8 main sections. The glass is also made from scratch in 7 pieces plus black PS frames cut from a video boxing.

It took 14 years to finish the scratch build in 1994.

A picture was in ModellFan then. It is not the Trumpy model, it is easy to discern. "F-107" is cutted airbrush-foil and laquered.

It took more than 400 hrs. Stencilling is Verlinden and Microscale as are the scratch decals. Only the wings are (quite changed) from Airmodel Vacu.

The later pictures are from the 90s. Aerophile was my main reference...

The last pic is from 1991, you can see, because of the grey Dupli Color Autospachtel the model is very, very heavy....

Cheers,

Tom

f107_0c0s16 f107_0c0s1s6 f107_0c0sxc16 f107_0c0sd16 f107_0016 f107edw f107 3 f107 DSC_5678

• Like 52

Jeez Louise, Tom!

That is an incredible build- if you hadn't said anything, I would have thought this was the Trumpeter kit corrected and detailed! You are indeed a modeler, not an assembler. Loved the 80th FS 8th FBG F-80C in the background. too! BTW- are those two F9F-5's based off of the old Matchbox F9F-4 kits? They look great!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Thanks 1

Super model! I'm not a jet modeller but I like a good replica of the early jets. Wonderful photography, too. I'm also a model+ photoshop enthusiast. Toll, Michael

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Jeez Louise, Tom!

That is an incredible build- if you hadn't said anything, I would have thought this was the Trumpeter kit corrected and detailed! You are indeed a modeler, not an assembler. Loved the 80th FS 8th FBG F-80C in the background. too! BRW- are those two F9F-5's based off of the old Matchbox F9F-4 kits? They look great!

Mike

Hello Mike,

thanks! F-80 and Panthers are already posted here, Gull Gray is Hasegawa, Dark Sea Blue is Matchbox...

Cheers,

Tom

11 minutes ago, John R said:

Brilliant work but why did you not consider switching to the Trumpeter version or using bits to cross-kit?

John

Hello John,

it was finished more than 7 years before Trumpy came!

Cheers,

Tom

@ others:

Thank you all, mates!

Edited by replicant

On 10/30/2019 at 2:09 PM, replicant said:

f107 DSC_5678

Tom, this photo spoils everything... because on this photo some kind

Ultrankenstein!!!

😁😁😁

O.K.

Now serious.

This YF-107 great work!

I have some questions.

1. What  kind

drawings You used?

2. What You tell about YF-107 from Trumpeter?

B.R.

Serge