Jagdpanzer 38t grip handles?

Phas3e

Hi All,

I have a bit of a question about hand rails on the side of the Hetzer, is there any reason why some would or wouldnt have them?

I've noticed on photos that some seem to have them and some dont. I like the idea of hanging wire across them for foliage to be mounted but see that the Academy kit doesnt have them represented, only small nodules.

So googling for images I see that theres a fair mix of handles and non.

Any reason for that?

Cheers.

Those loops on the sides of the Hetzer are not grab handles, but are designed to hold foilage like you have intended.   They are smaller than the actual handles located on the rear.   They would be to fragile to be represent in scaled plastic - probably break just trying to remove them form the sprue.   Am guessing any variation in sizes is probably due to field repairs/modifications?

Sherman kits have the same problem, though these are called footman loops and are intended for strapping things down or suspending items.  In plastic form they too are just emulated as raised bumps of plastic.

regards,

Jack

Just image google some Hetzer b/w war period photos, and you can find some good references.   It seems there were two sizes of loops, and besides foliage, have seen helmets slung and even a tarp tied down on the forward half.

regards,

Jack

• 1 month later...