Problems ordering from Civilized Models ??

Mu17

Hi Buzz,

thanks for your useful comments, much appreciated.

I figured that I would wait and see if a tracking number does actually appear on Friday/Saturday - allowing for the time difference.

However, I completely agree with you - will the tracking number relate to me, will the kit arrive, will it be what I ordered and will the quality be acceptable ??????

Saturday will leave me 14 days to my Paypal deadline and its highly unlikely the parcel will arrive before then - so on Saturday I will make a precautionary claim.

I will let you know what happens.

Paul

I truly understand your position--I was in exactly the same spot. But, they did come through in the end. I don't believe this person is being malicious or deceitful, but is very disorganized and not at all diligent in running a business. Having written that, do continue your diligence until you have product in hand.

IMHO, the best course for the owner is to focus on building masters while finding somebody else to run the business, including model production.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a further prompt, I'm told that the models did go out in the post as stated but as stamps were bought in the ge post office, there is no tracking number, only a customs number but he's out of the shop until Sunday.  Well Gary ws the one who said he'd send the tracking info !  Allegedly postage will take around 21 days.

What a shambles !  It would have taken a lot less time to do the job properly than keep fending me off.  I really do not know whether to expect to see the models or not !

I can allow a few days to see if the customs number does appear - just to complete the picture but even so, I have no choice than to file a Paypal complaint.

Paul

• Sad 1

Hi Buzz - yes its very difficult to believe in a happy outcome and not surprised that you can smell it from there !

Switzerland is one of my favourite places and we have been walking in the Berner Oberland area many times. In fact we are spending Christmas in Luzern this year.

So in the next few days I will make my Paypal claim.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Well nothing arrived by the 6th January so I escalated the Paypal claim to the next level one day before the deadline.

Now its the 9th nd still nothing in the post.   Its possible that its snarled up somewhere in the Christmas post but as time marches on, that's harder and harder to believe, unless it was posted much later than claimed.

Despite being an optimist, I've stopped holding my breath.  Sad.

Paul

The end of the road !!   

Paypal just refunded my $74 for the BD5 as they could get no response from Civilized Models !!!!!!

As it is now the 16th January, the model was obviously not posted on 10 December !

I gave them the benefit of the doubt - was told three times it was about to be posted - or had been posted. Last time I was unambiguously told his son had posted it 1st Class with UPS and promised a tracking number. Then told UPS didn't do a tracking number but he would send a customs number and of course no customs number appeared.

Promised a second freebie model for my inconvenience and he even emailed to check what livery I wanted.

All this guff but no model - sad and aggravating.    

I note that other people have had VERY long delays but some did get their models eventually - however do make sure you don't let it drift past your Paypal deadline. 

You have ben warned.

Paul

• Sad 1