Trumpeter 1/72 Jagdpanther (Mid Type) ++Finished++

Jinxman

A placeholder for now - away for a couple of weeks and it needs to be rescued from deep within the shelves of doom.

I'm guessing this was started about ten years ago as a quick OOB build, and we all know the rest....😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi Jinxman,

funny you are entering this kit. I have just ordered the same kit (except it is the later variant) from my LMS in Jo'burg.

So I will definitely follow your thread just to see what I have let myself into!

Good luck with it and have fun.

JR

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Jinxman,

funny you are entering this kit. I have just ordered the same kit (except it is the later variant) from my LMS in Jo'burg.

So I will definitely follow your thread just to see what I have let myself into!

Good luck with it and have fun.

JR

My memory tells me it was a nice little kit, straightforward to build, and that I had added a little detailing on it.

I'm not quite sure why it ended up on the shelf of doom, but I don't think it was anything to do with the kit. 😀

• 4 weeks later...

..and here she is - all the bits look like they are there, even the tiny decal sheet is with it as well.

Won't take long to get my head around where I had got to, and so battle should be joined shortly....😀

49111706727_c8a9ef8a4b_c.jpg

49111005853_00275bc997_c.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Jinxman,

great little kit, or so it looks.

But when I see all those wheels, I question my sanity in ordering this kit... Too late!

Will keep watching.

Have fun.

JR

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi Jinxman,

great little kit, or so it looks.

But when I see all those wheels, I question my sanity in ordering this kit... Too late!

Will keep watching.

Have fun.

JR

Yes - it looks very neatly detailed - really can't remember why it ended up on the SoD. 

I just purchased some new ZM nippers to supplement my old Xuron ones - removing the wheels is the kind of job they were designed for, (I hope).

We shall see soon enough - hoping for a light coat of Middle Stone, (well my estimated mix), over everything tomorrow to see where we are..

38 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Yes - it looks very neatly detailed - really can't remember why it ended up on the SoD. 

I just purchased some new ZM nippers to supplement my old Xuron ones - removing the wheels is the kind of job they were designed for, (I hope).

We shall see soon enough - hoping for a light coat of Middle Stone, (well my estimated mix), over everything tomorrow to see where we are..

Hi Jinxman,

I must be arguably the only homo sapiens who hasn't got a pair of "nippers"! That's on my shopping list for April next year, when I return to good old UK. In the meantime, I use an over-sized pair of nail cutters if things look too tough for a scalpel... Stone age modelling! But it is  still fun!

Cheers

..and a thin coat of paint added - next colour will be the Red Brown.

Not too bothered about coverage as I wanted to weather it as a very dusty example from somewhere in the early summer.

49136997622_c78abcc0cc_c.jpg

• Like 1

A bit of colour applied over the weekend has progressed it to this stage. I'll bring in the tyre colour next, and apply a few touch-ups before giving it a coat of Klear to seal everything in, and darken things up a little.

49156869898_bb6e6c1b92_c.jpg

• Like 5

A little bit more - slight wash and some of the wheels are on. Small amount of weathering applied - will build it up slowly so as not to overdo it - and hopefully it will cover any bits that don't look right! 😀

49194368692_496239e58f_c.jpg

49194171296_f6c2128a05_c.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Jinxman,

woah! this looks nice, really nice!

What colors are you using? Is it a red brown or a pink?

Well done and I shall wait for your next installment with anticipation.

JR

• Thanks 1

Hi JR,

Thanks for the comment - it was supposed to turn out as Rot Braun, but it is too light for that - hopefully the weathering and coats of varnish will darken it a little...🙏

A bit more done, wheels on, and bits and pieces going onto the hull. Tracks, gun barrel, and skirt not glued yet, but it looks like a Jagdpanther I think. Shame about the misalignment on the decals - I'll have a bash at tidying it up.

49234853832_dbeecb4f94_c.jpg

49234163248_0c4734e5a1_c.jpg

• Like 3

Looks quite close to the red "primer" used as camo on the one at the Tank Museum last time I was down. I gather really late production tanks were given an all over coat of it instead of the usual "sand gelb" and then the gelb and green added as appropriate. Not applicable to your particular one I guess as it is mid production. Still it looks fine to me and as you say a wash might help.

Pete

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

..and a bit more done. Tracks have been started - I'm not going to connect them as it will be a pain and it will be hidden by the skirts anyway. Once that's done the dust layers can be sprayed on.

It's had a quick layer of brushed matt varnish to seal what's been done so far - should be able to move it along this week.

49377666773_66cf62c390_c.jpg

49378119221_6940630cfc_c.jpg

• Like 3

A bit more, and not far to go now. All the little bits added, a dust coat and some matt varnish applied. A bit more weathering and a tiny bit of chipping, and she will be completed. 😀

49403640048_624d98705a_c.jpg

49403641083_87e41a0da0_c.jpg 

49404312887_17e640238c_c.jpg 

• Like 1