Academy 1/48 Hunter

Doccur

Thankyou Both!

I got the exhaust ring and nose painted last night, just some touch ups required and the intakes to spray as well as the undercarriage and fuel tanks, so maybe, just maybe, I may have this finished by the weekend! 🤞🏼

Ash

• Like 1

Don’t you love it when a plan comes together... NOT! The Britmodeller Gods are transpiring against me to keep this out of the gallery! I did some touch up work, removed the masking tape and some of the green and grey decided to peel... just my luck. 

49456454578_1ffd621805_b.jpg

49456926536_42a6bf3046_b.jpg

Ash

• Sad 4

Hi all,

Thanks for your support! Very frustrating indeed... however, the crisis has been successfully navigated and I have a Hunter that has been gloss coated and is ready for some decs! 

49465834712_6703f73148_b.jpg 49465612431_21f9123936_b.jpg

Cheers 

Ash

• Like 3

Cheers Ray!

Ive just got the decals down. It wouldn’t have been a long job but cutting the decals up for the undercarriage was a pain 🤦🏻‍♂️ Going to leave them to set overnight. 

49469574328_ce3a667fcd_b.jpg

Ash

• Like 3

All finished! A good mornings work :) Didn't give The main body of the model a panel line wash as they’re pretty visible. Will post some better pictures for the gallery tomorrow! 

49472555568_bdfe339ee5_b.jpg

Ash

• Like 8

Gallery post it up! Thanks for your encouragement everyone! 

20 hours ago, stever219 said:

Looking very smart Ash, and agreed about what a pain it is doing the underwing serials.

This part literally took me longer than doing any of the other bits of the decs 🤦🏻‍♂️

16 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Ash,

Nice job -hope my Revell FGA 9 looks that good when I get round to doing it - too much on at the moment!

Pete

Cheers Pete. I’m sure it will! Any ideas on colours yet? I fancy doing another one in Raspberry ripple or royal blue. 

Ash

1 hour ago, Doccur said:

Gallery post it up! Thanks for your encouragement everyone! 

This part literally took me longer than doing any of the other bits of the decs 🤦🏻‍♂️

Cheers Pete. I’m sure it will! Any ideas on colours yet? I fancy doing another one in Raspberry ripple or royal blue. 

Ash

One of the recent Xtradecal Hunter sheets has an overall gloss blue 92 Squadron "Blue Diamonds" example in 1/48th.

• Thanks 1

Ash,

The KUTA XII gallery shots of your  Hunter looks wonderful. Seems like you used the same garden step as PeterB. Do you order them online or buy from your LHS?😁 

Cheers,

Ray

• Haha 2