- ref. FRP4124 - CL-44J - Aer Turas

4124-480.jpg

- ref. FRP4125 - CL-44 Guppy - Heavy Lift

4125-480.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

Excellent! I for One am pleased to see this release of a type with a relatively low profile.I hope the aftermarket decal providers are aware of this kit.It would be great to have decals for BAF, Transglobe,Tradewinds and TMAC bare metal scheme on the D4.

Edited by jyguy

I feel an RCAF Yukon coming on....Its the windscreen that is different on them I believe. More like the Britannia.

The Conroy Guppy is interesting as only one was ever made in real life.

4 hours ago, jyguy said:

It would be great to have decals for BAF, Transglobe,Tradewinds and TMAC bare metal scheme on the D4.

Tradewinds decals are available in the Welsh kit

Transglobe and TMAC decals are available from 26Decals

26Decals do a Redcoats livery for the Britannia which could be used for most of the markings

The BAF scheme is a bit more difficult, if the Superfreighter titles and stripes are the same size/width, you might be able to cobble something together from 2 of the F-rsin kit sheets, otherwise it's hope someone does a sheet for this rare bird

The 26 web site was under maintenance today so I missed the fact that Ray does decals for the '44 I'll certainly place an order shortly,Thanks 26Decals .IIRCC G-BRED the Redcoat aeroplane had a black circle around a red R on the fin so the titles and Logo from the G-BRAC sheet could be used as pointed out by Dave S thanks too.

Two Trans Meridian Canadairs were leased to BAF circa 1972 G-AZIN and GATZI.I think the titles are larger than those used on the Bristols but a good idea.

I went to check Rays sight for availability before posting but saw that it was :work: but it's back up again now, unfortunately none of the sheets I mentioned are currently listed, but happily Ray has already chipped in with info regarding future releases. The BAF titles are black, so shouldn't be to difficult to resize if you're up to printing your own decals, but that still leaves the stripes, and as I think they only wore the blue stripes and not the Ochre ones that were on the Britannia, that eliminates a possible source of the right size stripes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 8:23 AM, Paul J said:

I feel an RCAF Yukon coming on....Its the windscreen that is different on them I believe. More like the Britannia.

The Conroy Guppy is interesting as only one was ever made in real life.

Only one built but a lot of schemes for it. I've seen it as British Cargo Airlines, Transmeridian (two schemes) and Heavylift that I can remember plus there was Azerbaijan Airlines, Baku Express, and a couple of others registered it in Ghana (red cheat and fin with big white 44 on it) and the Philipines but I'm not sure if they flew it. Think it's in Bournemouth now in bare metal finish with it's original reg N447T.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon
  • Like 1

Ooh, that Heavylift Guppy looks tasty!

19 hours ago, techniquest said:

Unfortunately the CL44-0 Guppy kit contains Transmeridian decals not Heavylift. Hopefully a decal manufacturer will come up with some after-market...

Dang!

• Like 1