The Nautilus - Pegasus Hobbies Steampunk 1/144 Kit

Mr Squid final got his eye last night and is now backlit using a single ice white LED bulb - here's the progress, and Squidie's new shaped body which I have not updated you on yet - he's had a change of colour to make him look a bit nastier. Perhaps a photo in the semi dark might do it a tad more justice as these had overhead lamps when being taken.

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-26 at 9.19.54 AM

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-26 at 9.20.14 AM

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-26 at 9.20.26 AM

Thanks for following on - the weekend was spent casting resin and plaster underwater scene rocks in preparation for the diorama

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:45 AM, billn53 said:

Very very nice! I like what you’ve done adding on to the sub’s superstructure. And your full-bodied squid looks great. The glass eyes are a must have imo (I used the same for my Nautilus build). Hope you’ll be able to see more of the detail in the parlor than I was able to achieve. 

p.s. If interested here’s a link to my Nautilus build:

- Bill

Hello Bill - I do remember your build now - It was while I was waiting for my kit a few Christmas's ago - the theme I have in mind turns out to be similar to that of yours - well done on your medal - well deserved

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Ooooh creepy, I like it. I'm looking at the Reaper Miniatures Bones Kraken as an alternative to this as I don't want the sub. 

https://www.snmstuff.co.uk/product/reaper-bones-77291-kraken/

love that Kraken - just had to order one for the other Nautilus I am making - thanks for the tip

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, rockpopandchips said:

Ooooh creepy, I like it. I'm looking at the Reaper Miniatures Bones Kraken as an alternative to this as I don't want the sub. 

https://www.snmstuff.co.uk/product/reaper-bones-77291-kraken/

Hi again RockPop

That Kraken you pointed out to me has just arrived - I underestimated the 25mm scale element when ordering. It turned up yesterday and its huge - To perfect scale with my giant Squid so I am working out how to integrate it into my diorama. Let me know if you want some pictures of what comes in the box - it is very comprehensive and I spent the best part of an hour last night trying to work out which tentacle attaches where as they are not shape coded like the Pegasus squid's tentacle's are.

• Thanks 1

Hi Rockpop (Brian)

I took these for you - I numbered up the tentacles to the best matching peg on the Kraken's gaping mouth area using the box art as best I could to replicate which tentacle was supposed to go where. My pictures don't show it, but the backbone is a whole separate piece, and there is a large beak piece that fits inside the mouth aperture. The kit is made of a soft vinyl type similar to that used by Pegasus Hobbies on their Squid and Great White Shark kits which I am guessing can be heated and altered however the snared curves at both ends of the Kraken tentacles arms are quite rigid.

I hope this helps with your own ideas. The squares on my cutting mat are in cm and I have left a scraping tool in the pictures to give you an idea of what 25mm scale comes out at; its a bit of a whopper and at only £28 delivered, very much a good value kit.

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-03 at 7.44.30 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-03 at 7.44.18 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 1.33.58 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 1.33.58 PM(1)

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 1.33.58 PM(2)

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 1.33.58 PM(3)

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-05 at 1.33.58 PM(4)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, rockpopandchips said:

Wow she is a beast.....fantastic looking. Probably a little big for my 1/300 scale saling ship dio I was thinking of making, I surpose I could just use the head and tenticels, How it's the parts fit any big gaps? 

Thanks for posting this. 

Brian 

Hi Brian - part fits is 100%, No major gaps - I used a whisper of Vallejo plastic filler where necessary. That cheap 'Back to Schools' Super Glue that Tesco flog off at £1 for 5 small tubes was used to assemble the kit, it was all rock solid after about 15 mins of setting time.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...