1:48 Rafale C

twp1

The Rafale is probably my favourite current front line fighter, for no other reason than the displays I have seen. I have had the Revell 1999 boxing of the 1:48 Rafale M in my stash for a few years. It was unmade due to the kit schemes and loadout options being a little underwhelming.  When Revell released the kit again with updated weapons I was inspired to finally get it finished.  I sourced the weapons from Revell and got hold of a Syhart decal set.spacer.png

The kit scheme represents Rafale C no.126/113-GE - EC 1/7 "Provence" - BA113 Saint-Dizier 2011spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngHowever, I had seen pictures of the Rafale being flown with additional weapons pylons so decided to load mine up to the hilt. Not a 100% accurate representation but I'm happy with it.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking!

• Like 24

Very nicely done. I used the Syhart sheet in 1/72 and was very impressed with it as I'm sure you were. The Revell kit looks very good, but like all other Rafale kits as far as I can see it has the very early (possibly just prototype) wing tip launchers for the MICAs. This is the production version without those bulges on the inner surfaces:

Rafale C

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chris148 said:

Nicely done,enough weaponry to wipe a small country,just like me,it may not be 100% accurate but if its in the box its going on.

I've actually got out of the habit of hanging lots of weapons on my kits, they so rarely carry them but there is something impressive and imposing about a fully tooled up Rafale. 

3 hours ago, CT Modeller said:

Very nicely done. I used the Syhart sheet in 1/72 and was very impressed with it as I'm sure you were. The Revell kit looks very good, but like all other Rafale kits as far as I can see it has the very early (possibly just prototype) wing tip launchers for the MICAs. This is the production version without those bulges on the inner surfaces:

Rafale C

The decals were great. I've used syhart before on a '72 scale Rafale tigermeet scheme so knew they would be good. Never noticed the wing tip launches. The bulges are on all 3 kits I've made

On 10/29/2019 at 8:43 PM, twp1 said:

The decals were great. I've used syhart before on a '72 scale Rafale tigermeet scheme so knew they would be good. Never noticed the wing tip launches. The bulges are on all 3 kits I've made

you can simply sand them off... I did so on mine.....

absolutely great Rafale model!

what colors did you use?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

you can simply sand them off... I did so on mine.....

absolutely great Rafale model!

what colors did you use?

Thanks. To be honest, they are such minor details that I doubt I'll worry about them unless I do another Rafale. 

I used Mig Ammo 236 which is an equivalent of FS36293 gray matt

• Thanks 1

- Very good job.

--There is a web site called  L ARSENAL (www.larsenal.com) referenced as a navy modelling accessories site but they have an excellent range of aircraft  related materials, weapons and missiles, their pylons, airfield towing material for French  jet fighters ... in 48 scale. It is worth to be visited. 

-Paypal accepted

• Thanks 1

Hello T1,

I agree fully with you. The Rafale is a beautiful jet to see, on the ground and in the air.

Your model reflect this very well.

The load:

This may take some planning. I would suggest, that directly after take-off aerial refueling should commence at once.

As you know, it is either load or fuel. A combination is not possible with this tremendous arsenal.

I miss the laser pod (LÁrsenal Models), but this can be overcome by a buddy Rafale. 

LOOKS GREAT.

Regards, Orion

Edited by Orion
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Hello T1,

I agree fully with you. The Rafale is a beautiful jet to see, on the ground and in the air.

Your model reflect this very well.

The load:

This may take some planning. I would suggest, that directly after take-off aerial refueling should commence at once.

As you know, it is either load or fuel. A combination is not possible with this tremendous arsenal.

I miss the laser pod (LÁrsenal Models), but this can be overcome by a buddy Rafale. 

LOOKS GREAT.

Regards, Orion

Thanks Orion. I based my model on the picture below. The kit I had included a laser pod but as it was the original boxing it looked wrong to me so decided against it.  It is a cracking looking plane thoughspacer.png

Regards

• Like 1

Hello T1,

Thanks for your kind response. I like the added picture. This load is for potential buyers and it would pull me over to sign a contract directly.

If you have time, take a look at L Ársenal Models. They do a lot for the French Air Force and Marine National.

I agree, your model is outstanding. I have always favored this plane as the follow up for the F-16 of the Dutch Air Force. Two engines and combat proven.

Price per piece 78 million Euro's for the F-35. We have 46 on order. The Rafale has never been a option. Shame. The price per aircraft should be a lot lower .

What are you working on currently!

Regards,

orion