Early Harriers - Airfix or Esci / Italeri ?

Early Harriers - Airfix or Esci / Italeri ?

Just thought it would be helpful to see both 1/72 Harrier GR.1s next to each other. My own view is that there's little to choose between them. The Airfix kit perhaps has a slightly better shape and cockpit / undercarriage detail is better, but the Airfix panel lines are way more prominent that those on the Esci / Italeri kit, which is quite noticeable o n such small models. As an aside, I was disappointed to see the difference between separate tins of Xtracolour RAF Dark Green as both these models were painted with Xtracolour.

Airfix kit is 4 Sqn's XV791. Esci kit is 233 OCU aircraft.

COMBO 2

COMBO 1

COMBO 5

COMBO 4

COMBO 3

ES3

ES2

ES1

AF3

AF2

AF 1

IMG_3147

• Like 47

All very nice.

It's interesting to see the subtle differences between the two kits. I agree with you, the Airfix kit has a better

shape but is slightly let down by the over heavy panel lines. The two Sword T -Harriers kits I've just completed

have very fine lines but were let down by the poor fit... I guess you can't have it all!

gazza l 

Good comparison. I can’t believe the difference in the greens! I think the Airfix one looks the best, despite the slightly exaggerated panel lines. Perhaps it’s because I’m getting used to them on the modern Airfix kits.